What is your favorite Bionicle set?

I’m offended you have an opinion opposite of mine. How dare.

2 Likes

He was kinda cute, but don’t forget Defilak

1 Like

I’d say the Metru are good for G1 standards.

1 Like

Arise, thread! Long thought dead! I summon thee to do my bidding!

My favorite set is Brutaka. I got him back in '06, but stupid 5 year old me scrapped him to build crappy mocs.

EDIT: I prefer Vezon & Fenrakk.

6 Likes

Favorite Agori: Tarduk
Favorite Glatorian: Gresh
Favorite Toa: Lewa Mata
Favorite Matoran: Matoro (McToran)
Favorite Vehicle: Axalara T-9/Skopio XV-1 (it’s a tie)

3 Likes

Favourite collectible: Kanohi / Least favourite collectible: Squids
Favourite polybag: Fikou / Least favourite polybag: White Quick Good Guy
Favourite small: Rahaga or Tohunga / Least favourite small: the Av-Matoran
Favourite Toa canister: the Toa Hagah / Least favourite Toa canister: the Toa Inika or the Mistika
Favourite villain canister: Nuhvok / Least favourite villain canister: the Makuta Phantoka
Favourite titan: Keetongu / Least favourite titan: Icarax
Favourite vehicle: Boxor / Least favourite vehicle: Cendox V1
Favourite projectile: Kanoka / Least favourite projectile: Cordak
Favourite combiner: Sentrakh or Pokawi / Least favourite combiner: Gaardus
Favourite playset: NO / Least favourite playset: All

2 Likes

This keeps getting ‘revived’ by individual posts… :stuck_out_tongue:

My favorite set has got to be either Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, or Makuta. The Rahkshi were also super cool.

Small: Defilak or Idris. The Mahritoran had great builds, imo the best of all matoran we got, what sets Defilak and Idris apart from Dekar and Sarda are the masks. Goood those masks…
Toa: I would say I stand with the somewhat unpopular opinion of saying that the Inika probably are the best Toa sets. That is a discussion on its own, but I would say that my favourite of them is either Matoro or Nuparu. Least favourite of them is Hahli, and not because of the mask, its because of all those melded blue/white pieces. Ew. Honorable mentions are Vakama Metru, Lesovikk, Lhikan and Lewa Phantoka.
Glatorian: For looks alone: Gelu and Stronius. For inventive parts usage: Skrall and Vorox, if it wasn’t for those blue pins in the arms and legs.
Villain: Krika, Antroz, Takadox, Pridak, all the Piraka and all the Rahkshi. Let’s be honest, the villain sets were probably the most consistently good we got.
Titan: Brutaka. No contest.
Vehicle: Axalara. Never owned any of the vehicle sets, though I always thought Axalara was clearly the best looking.probably unpopular opinion time: imo there were way too many vehicles in the later years of G1. Sure most of them had great functions, but they also generally had very meh characters. Also,
I think it was very limiting in the storytelling, because we could have gotten much more from 2009 if some of the vehicles were replaced by a titan or something like that. Imagine if we could get maybe a Vorox cheif or alpha as maybe a 29$ set, that would bring a whole lot more depth to the story instead of “Here’s a guy. He has a motorcycle.
Yay.” Rant over.

G2

Small: Uxar, probably.
Toa: Kopaka Uniter
Villain: LoSS Not a titan. Fight me.
Titan: Umarak the Hunter

2 Likes

Small: Probably Orkham
Toa: Vakama Metru
Villain: Krika
Glatorian: Gelu
Titan: Maxilos and Spinax
Vehicle: Skopio XV1

Small: Piruk (one of my first sets)
Toa: Jaller Mahri
Villain: Kalmah
Titan: Hydraxon

1 Like

Lore and character: Solek
Build and design: Umarak the Destroyer
Visually: Toa Norik
Design: Ketar, Creature of Stone

Other favorites are:
The Rakshi
The Bohrok
The Mc’toran
Keetongu
Pridak
Ehlek
Onua Mata
Onua G2
Pohatu Mata
Lhikahn and Kikanalo
Takanuva (eventhough I never got him)
Corrupted Takanuva (eventhough I never got him)

And these are just off the top of my head.

1 Like

Alright, I am gonna genuinely ask: How?

4 Likes

What Eljay means to say is, why?

1 Like

A little bit of both. Why does anyone like Ketar from a design perspective and how could anyone like Ketar at all?

And I am being serious, not trying to riff on anyone for liking it, just trying to understand.

3 Likes

Meh. I actually enjoyed it as a toy.

1 Like

My favourite…
Hydraxon.
It was my first Titan and was my personal fave set up till the Codrex arc, where the flying vehicles were introduced.

He reminded me of my dad, no joke.

2 Likes

Please tell me your dad had a tri-blade gauntlet and a wrist mounted gun.

4 Likes

Unless my dad’s Arnold Schwarzenegger then your out of luck. What I meant was when I look at Hydraxon, I see parts of my dad.

He kinda has that thing to him that reminds me of him.

1 Like

Not seeing it. I could see Rode as seeming fatherly though.

1 Like

Well, seeming as how Hydraxon was my dad’s favourite and only Bionicle set he bought and built for me, it shouldn’t be out of the realm that I associate him with my father.

1 Like