What Is Your Rarest Bionicle Set You Own (Or Have Owned)?

Mine is probably Mutran and Vican or Umbra(Mutran and Vican was an Wal mart exclusive?)

1 Like

Ah, shame. I never MOCed when I was little (I still don’t) and I was really gentle with my toys, so they all managed to stay in pretty good condition, especially my bonkles because I loved them so much. Sometimes I feel like I’m too unlucky to have them, though. :stuck_out_tongue: Like, i’ll walk past my shelf and wonder “Wait, what if my house burns down?” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The rarest I have is a
Pohatu Mata, that came in a Kopaka Mata’s case! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

All those people talking about simply old sets as their rarest ones makes me feel old…

I don’t know if all of them are complete, but Pohatu I have at least three times and Pohatu Nuva, too. … and two more brown Mata torsos… Of the Toa Mata it is actually only Lewa I don’t have at least double.

I heard somewhere Toa Norik is somewhat rare, but I could build him four times, too…

My rarest sets are probably Ultimate Dume + mask, Irnakk (1+1/2 times) and Umbra (missing 2 parts, but I think he wasn’t realeased in my country, so that’s pretty nice).

Oh, I have him, + 2x Toa Iruni’s.

In theory I have Iruini 3 times, but only once complete.

I bought a sealed Nidhiki set a few years ago, and I recently bought Mutran and Vican, and Makuta Icarax for around $20-28

1 Like

Ehlek was pre-owned, actually. I got him last year off of Bricklink, since I wasn’t into Bonkle back then. But my 09 sets (my first ever), I got 'em when they were in stores. And I tore them all apart around when G1 was cancelled, and their parts lay scattered among my bins until the 2015 leaks happened, and I got a nostalgia attack and rebuilt everything. So, they’re a little worn, but most of the joints are at least usable.

2 Likes

I also own a SDCC Transparent Skull Scorpio mask (minus the container).

Yep

I’ve always visualized this situation…

Dad: “What the heck are you doing?! We gotta get out of here!! Just get your wallet and phone!”

Me: frantically stuffing sets in large bag while the ceiling crashes behind me in flames “Go on without me! The day I leave my collection in ashes will be the day I die!”

5 Likes

I broke a couple of joints trying to put together hero factory parts with the original bionicle.

2 Likes

If it was a Wal-mart exclusive. How did I get one in other super market that was selling lots of Mutran and Vican in 2008?

That moment when you found Mutran and Vican in other supermarket but you never found Icarax.

2 Likes

@Nutek I found both of them on Ebay for $20. I ended up outbidding everyone, and got em both for around $25-28 each. And that was in June, this year.

I have every Bionicle set, so I’ll let you guys decide :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

I will now revise what I posted earlier in this topic and change to a Tahnok Kal with CD ROM.

My rarest set is Takutanuva with movie edition mask, but I have a ton of rare non sets, such as masks and prototypes

1 Like

Five out of Six Toa Mata, 2003 Makuta, 2003 Pewku and Takua.

I have the gigantic Mata Nui. I went to ToysRUs to buy it, and it was not with the Bionicle sets. So I took the long way to the exit, and it was by the entrance. Yay! I ended up with it.

I got a sealed Tahu Mistika sitting in a closet somewhere. I also have a complete Pohatu Nuva.

1 Like

The most valuable sets I own are Toa Mata Nui and Ekimu the Mask Maker. I own duplicates of common sets from 01-04. I don’t own any “rare” bionicle sets like prototypes or misprints or anything like that.