What Languages Have You Learned?

Spanish. I am trying to learn it

1 Like

Same! I’m in Spanish 2 in highschool.

Quiero comer tus Zapatos…? :joy:

yay! Hola!!! Quieres comer pizza

I recently had a conversation with someone and I was trying to gauge how much I know the Thai language. I’m not that great at it but I can somewhat get by with it when I’m in Thailand. Then I realized despite how good I’m not, I know way it more than I ever learned from 3 years of taking German in high school (in comparison). I can barely even remember what I learned from that class… yikes…

4 Likes

Time to go to Germany for some immerison then.

1 Like

Well English is my 1st language and I’m fluent in Spanish cuz of my parents. I plan to take German for my next 3 years of high school. I also wanna learn French in my spare time at home, any tips?

I’ll be sure to check it out, thanks @Toa_Vladin

1 Like

I am currently learning Japanese…

I’m learning Spanish and a bit of Korean.
Spanish for High School, and the Korean from my martial arts. It’s mostly just specific names and phrases.
For example, Ki Cho Hyung E Bu is Basic 2.

1 Like

I’m learning Swahili

1 Like

No you are not. You are learning Spanish. Never have you learned a word in Swahili.

1 Like

That’s what the strike through is for. To imply it’s a joke

2 Likes

So I am wanting to fully learn French and Italian, together with Spanish and Portuguese. I would also be interested into learning Greek, Latin, Finnish, German, Russian, Sloveian and Azerbaijani.

1 Like

That’s ambitious.
And I thought I wanted to learn a lot of languages.

(Latin, Spanish, and Gaelic.)

If you know only one of the Neo-Latin languages, then you must understand quite a percent of Latin. Italian would be the best out of the bunch, as it is the closest to Latin. Portuguese and Spanish would be the runner ups, followed by French and Romanian.

From what I heard, it isn’t that hard to learn.

Uhmm… You mean Welsh? There are like six Gaelic languages left: Welsh, Scottish, Irish, the one from Cornwell, the one from the Isle of Man and the one from Brittany.

2 Likes

Latin. Its better for my religion.

Spanish is easy.

I meant Irish Gaelic, sorry.

2 Likes

Update: aside from Romanian and English I now know some French, a little bit of Italian and some pieces of Spanish. Imthink I’ll start Portuguese soon too.

1 Like