What LEGO themes do you collect other then Bionicle?

Ok… If you want. But I could say 10.000 reasons why I don’t buy some themes, and I am usually a positive guy. You can say it yourself, if that is what you want

2 Likes

@LegoDavid, thanks!

I honestly don’t care for/collect Ninjago. It’s not that I don’t like the sets, as I can go on and on about the latest wave with the Dieselnaut and Kai’s steampunk plane and all (I love anything with the post-apocalyptic esthetic), but I just would rather save my money for something that matters to me. For instance, the 2019 Ninjago sets. As a much younger kid, the first Ninjago sets were the best. I own all OG and ZX ninja (some in better condition than others), and all the golden weapons and all the golden snake staffs (minus Pythor, if he even had one). But then stone army sets came out, and I fell off the hype train (I blame HeroFactory). Since then, I’ve only bought/been given Fire Mech, a few Ninjago Movie minifigure packs, and a cool Vermillion little $10 set for Christmas. I just kind of lost the nostalgia value in Ninjago, which is why I’m actually pretty excited for these new sets. I still don’t know if I’ll pick any up, but they look fantastic.

I also don’t collect Technic, as I just don’t care for massive vehicles that are only on scale with Constraction, yet don’t look the part.

I don’t own any Minecraft sets, which could be odd considering how I really still like the game. I like a few, if only for the Snow Golem, but they just aren’t my favorite.

That’s the major points I wanted to hit, though there are plenty more I could go into.

Also, am I the only guy who doesn’t have an opinion in yellow VS flesh heads?

2 Likes

I don’t collect city, because it doesn’t have any fleshy faces.

1 Like

Ok… I can understand that they are more accurate then the yellow faces, but think what would happen if all LEGO minifigs were flash-colored? It’s like getting rid of what makes LEGO unique (that the LEGO people have yellow bodies, like in The Simsons :grinning: )

1 Like

I mean, sure I like the classic yellow, but I wouldn’t like it if all themes went full yellow either. (Ugh, yellow minidolls :tired_face:)

2 Likes

And people got so used to the Yellow faces that compelely changing this will result in a finacial crisis for LEGO.

1 Like

I mean, I wouldn’t think it would be that big of a deal, but I’d miss the classic skin tone. However, I’d miss the flesh tone equally if it dissappeared.

I wonder if there’s a topic for this…

2 Likes

Lego is still plenty unique, doesn’t mean it’s not allowed to improve

4 Likes

Yeah, I agree.

1 Like

I think it’s just nostalgia.

It’s like saying that every year in Ninjago is the same for always having ninja.

Maybe they buy the dinos because they have seen them on a big screen before. We don’t really have data as to why most people buy them.

There is a set that allows you to make every brickhead that you want.

They are still making them>it’s giving them profit>people still care about DC

Again, they are still doing them so it must be profitable. LEGO is a company.

3 Likes

At least the story is different

1 Like

Same with me. I do like Ninjago, but being the only original LEGO theme left (other then Friends and Elves), isn’t the way to go. I’d honestly trade Ninjago for more original themes back.

1 Like

I don’t really collect anything in particular, just whatever catches my eye I suppose, but I have had an itch for the old ufo sets from the 90’s as of recent…

4 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if Lego went entirely licensed, the old days are over

2 Likes

I don’t collect specific themes any more, just individual parts.

These were all of the system sets I had as a kid so I guess I lean toward sci-fi and action themes. I had a decent amount of town and barely any castle stuff. But yeah, I had a lot of horrid, juniorized parts in my collection thanks to the era it’s from.

3 Likes

Mostly the nonlicensed minifigures, Star Wars, Legends of Chima, and Ninjago depending on how interesting the wave looks. I have started collecting the Chinese New Year sets as well.

2 Likes

I used to have a really big collection of the Castle reboot (2007), then Galaxy Squad and Chima. The Castle stuff is too broken now to be put back together unfortunately, but I managed to recover some of the Chima and Galaxy Squad stuff. I also used to have a lot of Hero Factory sets, they’re still mostly intact but I don’t really keep them around.

Right now (besides Bionicle) I have some of the Galaxy Squad and Chima stuff, some Star Wars stuff, some Life on Mars stuff, some Mario characters, and a bunch of my favorite Lego minifigures.

2 Likes

I haven’t bought lego for a few years.

One day, when I’m old and rich, I’ll go to the store and buy something and be that weird old man who answers “no, it’s for me” when the cashier comments on how lucky my grandchild is.

3 Likes

Harry Potter is a pretty good theme, so i get a few sets from time to time. Other than that, i do like some of the 2010 HF villain sets. i do also like CHIMA,(Mainly the ultrabuilds) though not many other people do.

2 Likes

I mostly collect Star Wars, but I also like Nexo Knights because of its unique aesthetic.

2 Likes