What Lightsaber Form Would You Use?

I would probably go with the Niman or Soresu and then become really good at the force for offense.

Way of the Krayt Dragon.
Yeah, that’s not even the reason I chose it, it is pretty accurate to what I would use.

1 Like

Being myself, I would attempt to master all of them, to give myself the ability to select the best form for the situation.

That said, I would likely lean to Shien, as it is similar to my sparring style in Tae-Kwon-Do. I like its approach of outlasting all other opponents.

2 Likes

Well, Jedi Padawans do learn Forms I through VI in their basic training, even if they don’t master all of the forms. As such, most Jedi have actually mastered more than one, even if they favor one over another. Luminara Unduli was a master in Soresu, even though it wasn’t her go-to form. She also was clearly very experienced with Form II, even if it’s not necessarily stated that she mastered it.

Just like how Count Dooku was a practitioner of Form II, yet likely was if not a master, well-versed in all seven Forms as he taught all the forms to General Griveous, one of the greatest, if not the best non force-sensitive lightsaber duellist we know of, capable of random patterns as fast as 20 lightsaber hits per second.

This also goes to show us how powerful Obi-Wan’s Form III was, and why he is considered to be the greatest master in that form, which I like to call the way of the Zilo Beast instead of that of the Mynock, not because of how it fights, but because it’s armor is impenetrable.

3 Likes

I think Way of the Zilo Beast is a much better name if the forms were named by the intent. Of course, they’re named based on motions, so it got Mynock. I still feel like Zilo Beast is better fitting, even in regards to motion.

1 Like

Either form I or form VII. Of course, I think I would probably be a fallen jedi irl, as I lack the patience to becoem a proper jedi but I’m too nice to go full sith.

There’s plenty of Dark Jedi out there. I mean, you could even be a Gray Jedi. Jedi and Sith aren’t the only options (though there have been Jedi in the Order with more questionable attitudes such as Mace Windu, and Sith that are incredibly compassionate and kind).

3 Likes

Hmm… I’m a jack-of-all-trades kind of guy.
So I’d probably pick Niman, but pick up whatever I could from the other styles in order to give an edge to my personal style.
I’d eventually try to master all of them, but until then, I would gradually adsorb info and techniques from all of them.
In an actually fight:
probably test my opponent out with Niman, then, after getting used to his pattern, and him to me, I’d throw a rapid bit of Ataru, followed by Shien. Then sink into Soresu for defensive when the need arises.
If it prolongs, I’d probably return to Niman for a short bit, then throw some more random stuff in there.

1 Like

Considering how easy Niman is to master, that makes sense. It’s advised when using Form VI to utilize other techniques alongside it, as it leaves the mind open to pursue other things.

1 Like

A combo of III & traditional VII.

This topic is about lightsaber form.
Like, what fighting style you use.
There is a topic for design, though.

1 Like

Probably soresu though I forgot which firm that was

Soresu is Form III, the Way of the Mynock. One of the most dedicated forms, and also probly the second most recognizable (most people associate lightsaber fighting with Form I because of the wide, sweeping motions and fanning strikes).

1 Like

I’d use obiwan’s

Not that kind of form. The kind of fighting style with a lightsaber.

Form seven.