What Makes Hero Factory So Lame?

The sets were boring. Especially 2.0 and 3.0. And they only ever had one female hero, and no female villains.

4 Likes

Wait, I have most of the HF sets, and I can say that they are not boring. and if the HF sets are boring and all are the same…what about Bionicle?

2 Likes

I mean, look at the 2.0/3.0 heroes. They are literally just a default CCBS build with some different weapons. And the 1.0 villains are worse. The later heroes were some-what better, but not much.

At least BIONICLE had some complexity to it, and all the new sets do too.

3 Likes

Okay. good point for them, but they were still good enjoyable sets. it is like saying that because one set looks like another they are bad sets.

once again, some a very good point. but I myself like good looking sets. if it is complex, sweet! more parts and a good build! but the HF sets were good in their own rights.

1 Like

Are you referring to the fact that it did all those things worse then any of the previous specials?

This is an extremely good point.

Not the Toa Mata, or the Av-Matoran, or the Metru-Matoran…

Complexity is an illusion. Don’t use it as the sole method of determining the value in something. :smiley:

2 Likes

yes.
yes I am.

2 Likes

Honestly, the biggest thing that bugged me was the genericness of the characters. They were either stereotypes or extremely simple. I didn’t like it.

Other than that, the story was decent and the sets were pretty nice. I’d even go so far as to say some of them were great.

3 Likes

every one in it was the same.

Booooooorrrring

the storyline was more or less the same every year

it was too childish to the point where every episode they would go into battle happy and joking with smiles on everyone’s faces as the gunned down enimies

1 Like

insert generic villain here gets introduced
insert cool looking Hero upgrade montage here
Heroes fight villain(s). Heroes smarten up. Heroes win.

To be fair, BIONICLE wasn’t much better for the most part:
Oh no! insert island here’s inhabitants are being threatened by insert new villain(s) here
insert year’s new heroes must go and acquire insert MacGuffin-that-is-almost-always-Kanohi here
Heroes fight villains with the help of MacGuffin. Heroes win. Uber-villain escapes to set up the next year’s storyline.

See where I’m going with this?

4 Likes

to be honest that really was the first 5 years of bionicle. but after 2006 everything got crazy although 06-08 was all about “protect the mask from the baddies”

It was basically “protect/acquire the same mask over and over again from various villainous incarnations of the inika-build”

Edited title -legomaster

3 Likes

yeah haha :smile:

Thanks for that. I cant send enough rounds of applause.

2 Likes

the difference is, these villains actually returned and had an impact on the story (except for the Vahki)

2 Likes

I don’t really understand where you’re going with this. The infected Rahi, Bohrok-Kal, Visorak, Barraki, Brotherhood and even the Piraka didn’t come back as a major force in later years.

1 Like

yeah but they weren’t just completely forgotten about like they are in hero factory, they are still some form of a threat, even if not as strong as before (Lehvak Kal is still in space, never forget)

3 Likes

That is one of HF’s biggest faults: no continuous overarching plot, even when there was clearly supposed to be one.

3 Likes

exactly, one of the things that makes it lame (bringin’ it back full circle to the topic name :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

Nice rhyme. 7/?

Anyway, HF had a small sideplot with Non Nebula, the HF plans, and the Brain Maker. They were building up to something. Then the line got kabooted.

1 Like

wha-

oh hey that actually does rhyme

1 Like