What Makes Hero Factory So Lame?

As funny as this is, it’s almost spam. Be careful man. =)

1 Like

k dawg

Solek is still stupid.

And the Rahaga too.

But HF had all of it’s characters and all of it’s characters sucked. :wink:

1 Like

Solek balances it out.

1 Like

Please. Enough of this.

2 Likes

Only because I don’t wanna get banned

Pretty much every HF dude had ZERO character depth, with nothing unique or new to balance it out.

u happi yet

3 Likes

… Solek is my favourite av-matoran

My point exactly.

1 Like

Probably stated this before - sets were average, concepts were cool but underdeveloped, story never felt completed

3 Likes

Well, HF had some amazing sets. but that is prolly just nostalgic me talking. and well…yeh.

However, I do kinda agree with you. but well…I dont really care.

There is a simple answer to this question.

Hero Factory did not have good guy.

Thus, Hero Factory is lame.

(Just kidding…I was just really turned off by the lack of decent marketing after the first comic. There was no challenge, no stakes, just…villains vs. heroes. The sets also costed a lot for a very small set, which also scared me away…they got much better at this as time went on though!)

4 Likes

I would wager that the fate of peace in the known universe. (Breakout and Brain attack) as well as an entire planet and everything on it. (Savage planet) were some pretty high stakes, but I do agree that the morals in HF could have been better played up on, like they did in the books. Were the Heroes doing the right thing? Was giving the role of ultimate peace across the galaxy to one man and his personal army something that people would just deal with?

And I never really had any issue with the prices of the sets, but I can see where you are coming from.

1 Like

10/10 very informative description IGN

You know, I agree with one of the more recent TTV podcast episode. HF had a ton of potential. It could have been dark, and it could have been story rich. The fans who were fans from Bionicle, most of what I saw was just trying to keep Bionicle alive through HF.

3 Likes

That is all your opinion. And while may be your opinion, I’m sure there are plenty of people, including myself, enjoyed Hero Factory. And if you asked me, the sets from 2011 and beyond are better than most of Bionicle G1’s sets due to the new system being a lot better, in my opinion.

2 Likes

So basically, you’re saying ALL of G1?

You’re saying CCBS trumps sets like Hydraxon? Brutaka? Keetongu? Technical masterpieces like the Muaka and Bohrok Queens?

You think the simpler constructed system of CCBS is better than the technical system of BIONICLE?

Some of the best CCBS sets include a good amount of technic, or have a ton of technic. The complicated builds would never be anywhere without some type of technic machinery.

1 Like

(As someone who prefers something that looks nice and poses well…I kinda agree with MaskmakerofLight. However I do agree that technical engineering is a marvel of G1 and makes CCBS the great system it is.)

2 Likes

Basically what I’m trying to say. CCBS is a ton better when you incorporate Technic and some old BIONICLE techniques into it.

To clarify, I was mainly talking about a good sum of the canister sets, and their chunky, over-sized, and overly-textured parts. They make up most of G1’s sets. I am not at all against Technic, and welcome it as much as I can. The titans are what made G1 great. If we take the titans out of the equation, though, and compare the CCBS system with the Inika build, CCBS is an obvious choice for me.

I would also like to take out the titans for CCBS, and then we see the simplicity of it.

One, in it’s simplicity, is overly textured.

The other lacks some needed texture.

Technic really holds both of them together.