What Pop Song Right Now Do You Hate The Most?

Mostly anything trashy. If a song’s good and it gets popular I have no problem with it. But Mehgan Trainor, Nicki Minaj… ugh.

Basically every song they mentioned on TTV Talks. xD

I hated All About That Bass. I adored Lips Are Moving. I think Mehgan Trainor has a unique style that I would like to hear more of, but maybe from a different artist and not her.

3 Likes

All about that bass is an awful and lazy excuse for a song, there are plenty of talented people out there who deserve the attention more, it angers me.

2 Likes

No Type by Ray Sermmud

Not sure if it’s technically a pop song (though it certainly has the “extremely shallow” part down). I can’t walk 30 feet in my high school without hearing someone singing/rapping it. It’s incredibly annoying.

I’ve never heard this song by them, but I feel their earlier single, “No Flex Zone”, takes the cake.

1 Like

Any Pop Song. The only one I even come close to liking is Counting Stars just because it’s musically interesting, the words I couldn’t care less about.

-Fancy by Iggy Azalea

Trash the hotel
Let’s get drunk on the mini bar
Chandelier swinging

I’m sorry but, how is this fancy?

-Anything made by Nicki Minaj (Pound the Alarm is annoying, Super Bass’s lyrics usually force rhyming, and Stupid H** is… well… stupid).

-Happy by Pharrell Williams just because of how repetitive and obnoxious it is

-Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae because its nothing but “lalala” and “woah”

3 Likes

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/174/1744573/2565863-3853767-4957010%2B_3d402eb6c781d9c88cd3419c33f6e390.png

4 Likes

I like Happy but when it came out it would not stop playing.

1 Like

Bro, Pharrell’s an cool guy. I refuse to accept the obnoxious point.

Besides, it’s better than Sam Smith’s depress-fest that ruled for some time, or a good umber of all the boring garbage that came out this past year.

Also, for songs I dislike
-Anything by Sam Smith on his own(Stay with me, Not the Only One)
-Past Three All Maroon 5 songs
-Take me to Church
-Style
-I don’t Mind

2 Likes

I never said I though Pharrell was obnoxious, It was the fact that the song played so many times which made it obnoxious. Also whose Sam Smith?

1 Like

So Sam Smith is this british skrub who started on a Disclosure song called Latch. Then he made his own music with the album Lay Me Down.

It’s slow, it sucks, and is boring.

An apt description of Sam Smith.

I think he’s popular because…I dunno. I see absolutely no appeal in him whatsoever.

You’ve prolly heard “Stay With Me” and uh, that’s a boring song that drags.

1 Like

Oh, yup I’ve heard him before. Yeah “Stay With Me” is boring.

My interpretation of Stay With Me:

“So stay with me/ cause I’m lonely.
I have no life/ So I write these depressing songs”

One of the great mysteries of 2014/2015: How Sam Smith became popular

7 Likes

Rude

I hate it

so much, it’s so overplayed

(necropost FTW)

2 Likes

All of them.

1 Like

Whatever that new Justin Beiber song is with that one rapper.

It’s legitimately terrible.

4 Likes

YouTubes it for the heck of it

I have it rough in Florida.
The only thing they put on the radio is pop
Nothing else.
I’m not joking.

That has led to a burning hatred of pretty much every song in the genre, except for a select few.

1 Like