What’s up with the LBM CMFs?

So recently the second series of LEGO Batman Movie CMFs were leaked. Personally, I am very excited, and I plan on getting the whole series. However, I can’t help but wonder how smart this was business-wise. Several Targets and ToysRUs’ that I have been to recently have had boxes of CMFs from the first Batman series. A ToysRUs I went to today had 4-5 full boxes of them. Has anyone else found similar things? And what do you all think of the new/old series? Will the new one sell? Please, tell me your thoughts.

3 Likes

The one reason I can see any CMF series flop is because of the price. After LEGO changed the price from $3 to $4, I stopped buying CMF until TLNM. It’s just too much money, IMO. At least you’re paying for something good.

1 Like

My TRU still has a few Disney CMFs in stock, and boxes of TLBM ones. All too expensive for me, but as with all minifigs, their parts are useful. I bought a couple of rocket boys from series 17 since the bottom fins on the rocket look like the beak things on the ooni set.

4 Likes

I don’t have a Toys"R"us anywhere near me, but last week I found one, and was happy when I saw Skull Slicer, Terak, and Umarak the Destroyer. I also saw wave one of Nexo Nights, and, get this, Lego Chima! The only thing I bought were two Lego Ninjago Movie packs, as they each were 2.50, but I saw no Lego Batman Movie minifigures. As a whole, I was never truly excited about the wave, but I’m excited for this one, because of the clock guy, the x-ray guy, and the vacation Joker.

You have now ruined my image of this piece forever, thanks a lot

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

After series 10 I kind of stopped caring about these. But personally I think if your store still has lots of CMF boxes, it may just be your store. But I don’t think the second series of LBM CMFs will sell.

Yeah. It doesn’t really bother me too much, as I think the quality of the figures has greatly improved since the beginning, but it still is frustrating. Especially when I could have saved at least $20 on my LNM series.

Me neither. The series is okay, but I think the Batman series appeal more to collectors then kids, which is probably another reason for the awful sales of the first.

3 Likes