What Set Is This?

Well, the Gold Pakari would be from those old mask packs back in 2002.
I’m not sure about that Kakama though. It kinda looks like an off gold. Perhaps it’s a misprint? Or a custom-painted mask?

1 Like

In person, it looks more of a silver-like color

If that’s the case, than, like the Gold Pakari, that Silver Kakama is from the old Mask Packs.

1 Like

Ordered a small batch of parts from bricklink to repair a few old sets of mine, any guesses as to what they might be?

2 Likes

My best guess is that it’s a Star Wars thingy.

1 Like

These look like they’re from the Republic Attack Shuttle:

Pretty sure these are for a Clone Wars-era AAT:

These look like they might come from the '08 Republic Gunship (always wanted one of those):

These are for the V-19 Torrent.

So @bionibbles, how did I do? Which did I get wrong? How many did I miss? Also, it’s great to see another The Clone Wars fan on the Boards. :smiley:

I’m guessing the Republic symbol gave it away, eh?

7 Likes

@legomaster1378 You did pretty good actually, I’ll go through each one:

That last batch is to the V-19 as guessed, however the first batch is also to the 19, as I don’t own the shuttle. Solid guess though.

Those blue parts are indeed to the AAT. The republic symbol, red clip, and brown thingie are also to the '08 gunship. Both great sets. The rest is just some random odds and ends.

Overall, pretty accurate. So @Altair is correct as well :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh, now it makes sense. I immediately guessed the attack shuttle (which I owned) upon seeing the dark red modified plates and the blue chair (which I distinctly remember 'cuz it was a really odd colour choice). In retrospect, I really should have been tipped off by the dark grey “X” piece and the TECHNIC gear (neither of which are in the shuttle).

That being said, I’ve never owned the V-19 (the main reason I guessed it was because I looked up that sand green inverted wedge in the Bricklink database). Does that sand-green wedge serve any purpose? 'Cuz it’s a really weird inclusion. Also, what do you think of the V-19 Torrent as a set?

2 Likes

that green piece chills on the back underside with a mirrored piece with it. Those to are the only green on the entire set though, aside from a bit of lime on the front sticker. A little out of place, but not that noticeable.

Having just rebuilt it, I quite like it. The folding wings are super smooth, thanks to those black and clear air pump things, which are only found I this set as far as I know. And the wingspan is massive in the open position, rivaling the gunship even. If you wanna display it in the open position, all you need is a decent sized plate (Or brick in this case), which the bottom wing can rest in, like so:

I really don’t have any major gripes, it’s pretty solid.

2 Likes

They don’t call him Legomaster for nothing :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Star Wars Topic

They’ve actually appeared in several larger TECHNIC sets from the early 2000s (I got a bunch of 'em in a BIONICLE haul a while back).

It looks pretty good. Though I’m honestly not a huge fan of the ship itself. Something about it seems… off. I can’t really explain what…

2 Likes

Didn’t those have springs though? these ones are spring free. probably the same base parts I’m sure.

2 Likes

Yup, the V-19 is the only set to include that assembly without a spring. I’m guessing this odd discrepancy is because the V-19’s wing feature had no need for the action of a spring, unlike the suspension/shock absorber features of the TECHNIC models.

1 Like

Could someone help me figure out what set this particular piece came from before Vakama Hordika decides he either

A.) Wants to sue for copyright

or

B.) Wants to give the moc I’m using this piece in the same fate as poor Raanu?

3 Likes

It’s most likely from the tower of toa playset from 2005, which is also coincidentally my very first bionicle set

5 Likes

It’s from the Tower of Toa playset.

2 Likes

Interesting to note how the red variant has the red molded all the up to the ribbed shaft where the fire comes out whereas the black one molded that part in orange :grimacing:

8 Likes

I wish i had that piece

It isn’t really that versatile IMO