What were the GB's involvement in organics?

As we know, makuta create Kraata. But did the GB’s do this on purpose? Kraata and rahkshi do have abilities that mainly would go against the ideals of the Great Beings, so can it be assumed that Kraata were Intentionally a feature of makuta and used to have the melding universe powers? And what about the creation of krana and squids?

Well, in the case of Kraata and Rahkshi, in the main universe the Makuta were actually made by Mata Nui from Antidermis (which was created by the great beings, so technically…?). I’d assume that their powers and by extension the powers of their Kraata are just a side-effect of that.
As for squid, those were just lifeforms living in the seas of Aqua Magna, the Great Beings didn’t make them.
And what exactly are you asking about the Krana?

1 Like

The krana were “made by combining an unknown object with unknown liquid” which was done by the bahrag. I’m assuming the GBs made them directly as they always intended for av-matoran to become bohrok. This is getting really confusing.

1 Like

Well, according to BS01 (though I can’t seem to find the source, so sue me):
"The original Krana were created by the Great Beings by exposing to Energized Protodermis the remains of the process that created the first Matoran. This procedure resulted not only in Krana, but also Zyglak.

The Bahrag were later taught how to create Krana on their own and were given Energized Protodermis to do so. A carving depicting the process the Bahrag used was inscribed on a tunnel above Metru Nui."

I wouldn’t be surprised, I did remember reading that the creation of the Zyglak was a side-effect of the Krana being made by the Great Beings.

1 Like

Is that carving supposed to be this one by Christian Faber: ?

@TheMightyObsidianDude @darkbrick999 If it is, it is non canon and meant to showcase early bahrag designs. Actually, it was made during that time when the bahrag were spiders.

1 Like