What would you like to see in a new Constraction IP?

I want something weird.
Something 90’s-early 2000’s Lego was exceptionally good at was weird, it seems they’ve been playing safe for too long, seems like they already don’t have much faith in constraction as is so screw it, go weird and advertise the heck out of it and if it fails they can sunset constraction.

6 Likes

Basically what I said in another topic. 2.5x minifigure scale figures that are reasonably priced. Something the height of a Belville doll, not the ~5.25x minifigure scale bionicle figures we got that were too expensive for most kids and parents to buy.

@Brunamal Galidor was a brilliant idea. Bring back Euripides with a can of driesel lube and the coat he ate in episode thirteen.

5 Likes

@Payinku I think it’s Chima’s fault Lego is playing it safe…

@Monarth I’m so jealous everybody is older than me. I did not get into Bionicle until 2008, where the sets are all clones and the pieces don’t last… (My first set was Gavla) I look back at Bionicle and now I’m sad I missed out. My favorite year is 07! I’m so depressed about that! And now, I’m actually into Bionicle for being Bionicle, but that was as of this summer! I missed the entire return! I didn’t even know G2 was canceled at the time! Basically, Bionicle is against me. But I still love it.

2 Likes

Red, Dark Red, Trans Dark Red.

2 Likes

Sand red

5 Likes

a ccbs theme with only sand colors would be pretty cool

1 Like

@Asriel It depends on the mood of the line. If it is a technological-based line, this may not work for all characters. If it is a line more like Bionicle, it would be really cool! I wanna get some of that sand black!
(Back to the price thing, who else is mad about Boba Fett costing 30 DOLLARS)

HE WHAT

2 Likes

Lego Transformers

who else is mad about Boba Fett costing 30 DOLLARS

And he doesn’t even come with a removable helmet.

5 Likes

it’s been like that for 2 years in the Netherlands. I just wait for the prices to drop below 10 (which is something that for no other product happens, so that should tell you enough about SW Constraction)

1 Like

let’s hope for Galidor G2 ( the joke that hasn’t been made a billion times already ) .

Overwatch figures. To go with the overwatch sets. Of course, they might already be constraction, but who knows?

2 Likes

The minifigures

I wanna see a new sci-fi style theme, with more uniformity than Hero factory, but still varying secondary colors, weapons, and some armor variations. Perhaps unique helmets

1 Like

Knights Kingdom style medieval theme with interchangeable heads and helmet, realistic armor and the like.

2 Likes

@SteampunkTahu I came here to say exactly the same thing

To elaborate further though, Rebooting Knights kingdom would be great, the medieval/fantasy theme is an evergreen one, the characters have eyecatching colours, Knight armour would translate really well to a CCBS technic hybrid, and there’s not so many of them that it would cost an arm and a leg if they were the same scale as say the 2015 toa. (being a lego owned theme also helps there)

The theme also had the right idea of having the main characters as consraction sets that were the centerpiece, while the story was told through system sets.
Speaking of the story, if it were to get the attention that Ningago or Elves does it could be just as successful.

In short, bringing back Knights kingdom as it was but with modern build techniques is what I want out of a constraction theme.

3 Likes

remember that old rumor that was around for a while about that ccbs theme that took place inside a computer or something like that ? Well , that idea sounded awesome to me and I always thought and theorized about what it could be like ! Sure , Bionicle was awesome and all but I really don’t want a g3 unless they have something totally original going for it , and , I would also love to see a tribal-esque theme that is NOT bionicle . But , imagine all the possibilities that the cyberspace has for a ccbs theme ! It could have enough matterial to last as long - if not LONGER - than Bionicle g1 !!

1 Like

Some kind of #-in-1 system. Like with Technic’s 2-in-1 and Creator’s 3-in-1. Something that focuses on the building aspect as a core element.

6 Likes