What Would You Want In A New BIONICLE Movie?

What about if Joss Whedon (Serenity/Firefly, Most MCU movies) was the director? He seems good at working with large diverse cast of characters.

4 Likes

A while back, we recieved word that Universal was making a Hero Factory movie in the works…
Source: Universal to Develop Movie Based on Lego ‘Hero Factory’ Robots (Exclusive) – The Hollywood Reporter

Universal were in negotiations with some writers for the movie, but suddenly the project disappeared from the media’s eye.

Fast forward to 4 years later. Hero Factory has been canceled. BIONICLE returns and steps back into the spotlight.

Is it possible that BIONICLE will take the helm of the project? The media silence might be a result of reworking the movie to suit BIONICLE, as maybe they received word that HF ahead of time.

Is the project in so-called “development hell?”
Or is the project “scrapped” or “shelved?”

1 Like

I remember hearing the rumors of Universal wanting to make a live action HF movie, too.

As for the possibility of a new BIONICLE movie, if the line becomes very successful I think they could pick up development and re work it for BIONICLE. Though the movie could end up being direct to dvd instead of theatrical, as Legends of Metru Nui was also planned to be a theatrical release (said so in the latest BIONICLE: Autopsy) but ended up following Mask of Lights footsteps. Just my thoughts.

3 Likes

Here is what should happen…
It should be drawn animation, it should have an interesting and intimidating villain who’s plan makes sense, and a main character should die and stay dead. That being said, I think bionicle could become a great film if done right. Something none of the other films have been

I know for sure I’d want Nathan Furst’s music in it.

2 Likes

I would want it to be self-concious and make nods to fan stuff, such as Lewa making a joke about the legend of the Toa being ‘contrived’ or Pohatu hating the color orange.

1 Like

So I was gonna post in a closed topic, but when I intended to post, it was open.

Anyways:

Title: -The Volcano of Chaos: A Bionicle Fan-fiction: The Movie!

Crew:

Director: Jamie Leavens

Writer: Adam Leavens

Producer: Eric Leavens

Set Designer: Jace Leavens

Costume Designer: Jace Leavens

Make-Up Artist: Connie Leavens

Prop Master: Brett Leavens, Jace Leavens

Cast:

Narrator: Adam Leavens

Lolatium: Connie Leavens

DJ PON3: Not Leaked

Xenon: Eric Leavens

Tafum: Jace Leavens

Minion 1, 2, 3: Brett Leavens

Thronike: Not Leaked

1 Like

I would love to see a well made Metru-Nui saga animated, with more realistic character designs

Movies? Why not
“What would you want in a new NETFLIX BIONICLE show”?

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/bionicle-the-journey-to-one-speculation/14069

I know… That was supposed to be a joke. :sleepy:

This is all I see:

:stuck_out_tongue:

“That was supposed to be a joke.” Is what I said.

I want a Mask of Light reboot with lots of explosions, Peter Cullen as Tahu, Frank Welker as Makuta, Shia LeBouf as Takua, Meagan Fox as Gali, and Michael Bay as director. Oh, and lots of explosions. Did I mention explosions? That’s right. Lots of explosions.

http://cdn.newadnetwork.com/sites/prod/files/styles/largehd/public/uploads/barbarap/Memes/michael_bay_meme_memory_0.jpg

1 Like

don’t forget that they have to mention a law that allows Matoran and Toa to date. You know, in a scene that’s totally not trying to justify anything from the director’s past.

5 Likes

I don’ know, I hear Bill Murray can be difficult. He will start a movie’s production with a lot of enthusiasm, and by the end have absolutely none what so ever. In his Groundhog Day movie the scenes at the movie’s where he is all happy and enthusiastic were filmed first

Makuta should be voiced by Crispin Freeman.

Ok, I’m like, 2 months late

But in addition to your point, he’s really good at writing snarky/witty dialogue, which would be reminiscent of Greg Farshtey’s style.

1 Like

Visual style: Since this will take place in Okoto and that one place with the cubes (cos I haven’t read any of them books or graphic novels!), I think a mix of fantasy-era highland background style along with the style of the Bayformers/Cybertronian aesthetic will do nicely for me.

Animation or live-action: A well-balanced mix of both will do. Probably film the cast in motion capture in a CGI-enhanced live background. Don’t do pure animation.

Who should play the Toa: Tahu: Bruce Willis- Very gruff, stable, tough, and one we can relate to. Like Tahu, he is a veteran to hard action. Other choices include Viggo Mortensen, Hugo Weaving, Tim Roth and Thomas Jane.

Gali: Charlize Theron- No-nonsense, straight to the point, natural fighter, and versatile. As seen in Mad Max: Fury Road as the Imperator Furiosa, she would be excelent for this cast. (I was also going to cast Katie Holmes or Emily Blunt, but Katie seems too soft and Emily is too stiff.) Other choices include Jennifer Jason Leigh, Evangeline Lilly, Zoe Bell, Whoppi Goldberg (seriously), and Rosamund Pike.

Pohatu: Tom Hardy- Tough, strong, can go from quiet to talkative in seconds. Also, his voice fits Pohatu’s. And he also once played a lone warrior in the desert with a pair of Australian weapons. Other choices include Jean Reno, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Al Pacino.

Onua: Sylvester Stallone- Strong, no-nonsense, very wise in his own words, and like Bruce Willis, is a veteran in action. Also I want to see Sly say “Don’t Fight” with a straight face.Other choices include Wesley Snipes, Ron Perlman, Stephen Lang, and Ian McKellan.

Lewa: Walton Goggins- Both of them can be silly and sarcastic(as seen in American Ultra) or serious and sarcastic (as seen in The H8ful 8), and the way he pronounces “Django” also won him top spot. Other choices include Johnny Depp, Jonah Hill, Will Ferrell, Liam Neeson, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Christoph Waltz.

Kopaka: Analytical, no-nonsense, straight to the point, and bumbling(kinda) goes to- Jai Courtney! Nah, just kidding. Please don’t shoot me. The guy to play Kopaka should be- Ian McDiarmid. Analytical, no-nonsense, cold, calculating, bumbling and does terrible stuntwork, how does Sidious NOT sound like Kopaka? But seriously, he would be great as ol’ Kops. Other choices include Gary Oldman, Kurt Russel, Quentin Tarantino, George Clooney, Michael Fassbender, and Robert Patrick.

Ekimu: Morgan Freeman- He played God already, he’s in, no questions asked. Or maybe Patrick Stewart.

Makuta: James Earl Jones- He played the most iconic villain in human history. 'Nuff said. Other choices include Gary Oldman, Jon Voight, Kelset Grammar, and Russel Crowe.

Kulta: Vin Diesel, cos why not. Other choices include Hugh Laurie, Stephen Amell, and Tom Hardy.

Narmoto: George Takei

Kivoda: Temura Morrison

Nilkuu: Michael Emerson

Korgot: Emily Blunt

Vizuna: James McAvoy

Izotor: Karl Urban

Who should direct: Guillermo del Toro, Timur Bekmambetov, James Cameron, Ridley Scott, Tim Burton, or George Lucas (haha, okay I gotta stop before I die horribly), no, not Jorge, Steven Spielberg.

Who should produce it: Imma add this to my category. Possible choices include James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, J. J. Abrams, Jerry Bruckheimer, and Tim Burton.

Who should write it: Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Ehren Kruger. God, one day Imma going to go too far and die a terrible death. No, take them outside and shoot them in the head. The people writing this should be J. J. Abrams, Steven Spielberg, James Cameron, or Greg Farshtey.

Who should compose the score: My favorite part of this list. To name a few, John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Steve Jablonsky, Michael Giachinno, Mychael and Jeff Danna, Howard Shore, Danny Elfman, Eric Serra, Ennio Morricone, the list goes on and on. No James Horner unfortunately, God bless his soul…

Tl;dr Sylvester Stallone is going to say “Don’t fight!”, and Orci, Kurtzman and Kruger are going to die.

1 Like

No more voice filters!

1 Like

Oh God YES! Voice Filters are the worst.