What Year did You Become a Fan?

I first discovered BIONICLE in 2001 at a book store. The Toa Mata were there, I bought Lewa. The first BIONICLE commercial I saw was for the Bohrok. Didn’t know it had a storyline until I found the comics and saw the Mask of Light movie.

2004, the prime of “Slizer engineering”.

I jumped on in 2003 at the grand age of 3. I became an immediate fan and have been hooked since.

I got into Bionicle around 2008, when someone got me Gavla mainly because it had the word Lego thrown on it. I’ve been a fan since, although Galva (along with most of the bioincle sets I got between 2008-2013 are now destroyed)

2008, when I read a comic and proceeded to buy Berix, my first set.

Didn’t know Berix was an Av-Matoran. /s

Unless you meant that the following year you bought Berix

That’s what I meant.

the year 2000 when Australia got the Tohunga sets in Maccas durying before Christmas, because when I saw the TV add from Maccas got me so interested of the look of the sets and Jala was the first set I ever got and I was 2 years old in that Era.

I got my first set from a friend in 2004. It was a Vahki, but at the time I didn’t know what it or Bionicle was, so I just kinda had it (until two other friends dismantled it. I didn’t know you could put it back together). It was in 2005 that I got a few more sets, which I really liked. My love for bonkle then continued up to this day.

I got my first set on 2005.

I became interested in 2007

Fan in 2009. Tarduk was my first set, alongside Crotesius in his Cendox V1. Then I got Gresh.

I also didn’t think Mata Nui ruined 09. I always thought that he was the second most morally pure character around (I really liked Gresh) and thought that he really caused things to happen in the world.

I thought Makuta ruined 09 cuz as soon as he died the line ended… But I’ve warmed up to him… muahahahaha!

2 Likes

rip in pieces.

I became a fan in 2002 (I guess) when I got my first set, Gali Nuva. I kind of fell away after the Mahri years, only buying 4 sets since the Hordika (Thok, Pridak, Kopaka Phantoka and Solek). I was still pretty upset when the line ended but I kind of moved on and got focused more on system stuff. Then in Summer 2014 I started to get interested again and got involved in the online community. And now here I am =P

1 Like

Funnily enough, I joined during what many fans consider as the worst year for Bionicle, that being 05. It all started when a friend of mine bought me Suukorak as a birthday present, and I’ve been with it ever since.

I got some of the 2006 McDonalds toys, but didn’t get into the lore or get any actual sets until '07.

I just realized that next month, it will have been 9 years since I got my first two Bionicle sets… Pohatu Phantoka and Photok, followed not long after by a yard sale bin that had a bunch of 2001 parts. A complete Gali, pieces from the other five Toa and a Nui-Rama, and one of the Quest For The Masks card game sets (the box, instructions, playmat, and two of the cards were lost to time, along with the two Toa canisters that were in the bin and Photok. R.I.P.)

Man, how time flies.

Although, my first pieces of Bionicle merchandise were a couple of the 2007 comic, a Mantax Happy Meal toy, and a Kongu Happy Meal toy.

Now my collection has reached a level 9 year old me couldn’t even imagine.

1 Like

I got into it based on a promotional poster of Lewa that came out prior to the United States release of the sets. So, 2001.

Gali was the first actual set I received, during a trip to the Mall of America. I remember petting the manta rays in the aquarium. Was… about six or so.

I vaguely remember getting a Nuhvok as my very first set. Interest-wise, I stepped into the world of bonkle donkle with one of the Toa Mata games on the Gameboy.

I was only invested during the Ignition trilogy after that epic Mahri trailer, so 2007 is when I got hyped-up completely for Bionicle.

My first sets were in 2005, but I didn’t learn about the story until 2006. I took one look down the rabbit hole and was trapped forever.

it was about 2008 for me. but my first set was tarduk.