What's in these things?

I have two of the Knight’s Kingdom torsos, and they are the most useless pieces I have in my collection. For the past few weeks I’ve been tempted to crack them open, and see what’s inside. Are there Technic pieces glued inside or what?

1 Like

Probably some simple gearing

I’ve ripped two of mine open to use as armor for a moc, they are full of plastic gears and are glued together, I’ll take a picture of the gears if I can.

Here:

4 Likes

That’s super helpful, ty so much!

So note as useless after all. I could see some potential with those gears.

1 Like

The only useless LEGO piece is the one you admit is useless. As long as you keep striving for creativity, you’ll never find a useless piece.

3 Likes

The Knights Kingdom torsos are pretty useless unmodified.

I can see the gears inside being useful. Once I learn how to make my own pieces I’ll copy them. They could make good pieces for leaves or for other things.

2 Likes

Have you heard of the Galidor MOCs? (although it still isn’t a very good piece)

3 Likes

the gears and other bits inside aren’t useless per-se, but they don’t all have standard connection points, so they can be difficult to use. the most useful pieces are anything related to the ratchet joints. see below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZom52mnm0F/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

you can see them here being used for the mad scientist’s goggles
Imgur

8 Likes

Thank you so much! And wonderful build!

I should probably mention that the first photo has the amount of ratchet joints from about 2-3 torsos. They’re tough to open too, but the torsos from the later waves are a bit easier.

As for the build, Djokson always builds the best mocs. I dunno how he does it lol

2 Likes

The ratchets look like the piston ends in engines. They’re also quite thick, and I can see maybe using them for some fruit designs like Kanoka Pods or something.

The gears I can try to copy with a hard plastic mold, and then press clay into them. Editing the clay form, I can give them more standard connections, and then cast that to create functional pieces. Something for the far future, of course…

3 Likes