What's the worst Lego Theme?

@Booster_Gold Why? Just Why? :expressionless:

2 Likes

IMO, The Architecture theme is my least favorite. The sets are awesome, but they are criminally overpriced, and generally pretty small.

4 Likes

I would have to say some of the worst are:
Ben 10
Minecraft

But the one that takes the cake:
Spongebob

-Emerald

1 Like

Iā€™m not really sure what to put here.

If it comes down to opinion, Iā€™m going to have to say that I flat out donā€™t like Mixels. Same thing goes for stupid stuff like Spongebob and Ben 10.

I also have very mixed feelings about the ā€œgirlā€ lines. On the one hand, I like and appreciate that lego is trying to stop excluding the entire female gender. On the other, I find it fundamentally flawed that they feel like they have to do things like make minidolls to attract that audience. Itā€™s almost like continuing to support gender exclusion, but exploiting it for money. Why canā€™t they make those lines at least somewhat accessible to both genders?

Hero Factory was objectively an okay line with a bad story. I had a personal disdain for it due to it sitting in the place of Bionicle, but now I really have no reason to hate it. Same thing for Legends of Chima; I had to tolerate a year of it before I was able to get my fill of Ninjago again, but now I take no real issue with it.

Lastly, Iā€™m going to have to agree with Spiriah on Monster Fighters. It was played out way too cheesily for my tastes. I loved some of the parts that we got(couldnā€™t get enough of those ghost figs; I mustā€™ve bought three of those polybags), but overall it was kind of a weak theme.

Iā€¦I have no clue.

And anyone who says HFā€¦

congrats on getting placed on my least favorite people list.

4 Likes

Iā€™d say cityā€¦ way too easy to build and they make the same sets every year

3 Likes

I generally think they should also market sets to older audiences. I also think they should really start making more unique stuff instead of as you said the same thing every year.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say Ultra Agents. The original agents theme was way cooler than ultra agents. Also, Galaxy squad was another bad one.

I never liked HF.

And Ben 10 was dumb.

1 Like

galidor
worst theme ever

Angry Birds when itā€™s released.

7 Likes

Well, I donā€™t collect many themes (only Star Wars and BIONICLE), so I canā€™t really judge others. But if I had to choose oneā€¦

Architecture. They look neat, but are outrageously overpriced. Honestly, I could probably build them with spare parts.

2 Likes

That, was horrifying.

1 Like

I think maybe lego mixels because it looks like 3 year olds cobbled them together

Mixels introduced mini ball joints.

I remember before that came out, I thought it sounded really cool. Then it turned out to be Halloween themed, and it was dumb.

@Booster_Gold Thatā€¦ Wasā€¦ Really, very terrifideingā„¢.

1 Like

I also thought it was going for the Horror B-Movies of yesteryear, but what do I know; Iā€™m just the pluralized version of LEGO. :disappointed:

BRUH go to sleep.

(unless you are australian, in which case I hope you are enjoying your lunch.) :smile:

Belville, Fright Knights, and Galidor spring to mind. In general, I think Lego has really improved their overall quality of builds a lot in the last 8 or 10 years; even the worst sets from the ā€œcurrentā€ period are better-designed than plenty of sets from, say, the late 90ā€™s.

3 Likes

They gave us Basil the Bat Lord, your argument is invalid.

/mt

2 Likes