What's Worse? Open Ball Joints or Open Sockets

Which one do you think is worse?
Please share your thoughts

6 Likes

I think it really depends were the problem is as to how bad it is

3 Likes

I don’t know. it depends on whether it flows or not. if it looks decent, I’d say it’s okay, but if it doesn’t, then I’d say it’s bad. I think that it’d probably ball sockets, but idk for sure.

2 Likes

Open sockets, for sure.

1 Like

I’d say open ball joints. They just stick out more.

5 Likes

Open ball joints most definitely.

1 Like

Open sockets are worse by far. Balljoints can be detail, sockets don’t fit in with anything.

4 Likes

Open sockets. They kinda ruin sets like Keetongu for me.

1 Like

Balljoints… sockets can be filled.

1 Like

I choose C.

11 Likes

Open sockets, especially when their on a hand.

1 Like

Open sockets, because sometimes open balljoints work if used strategically, for example the Nui-Jaga’s legs, and the balljoints on the Toa Mata

3 Likes

Ball joints can sometimes be made to look good on a design if used properly like with Axxon’s hands. Open sockets just make builds look incomplete.

1 Like

Depends where it is.

2 Likes

I;d say sockets. They just stick out a lot more, and unlike ball joints, are hard to fill in or cover up.

1 Like

Let’s find a definitive answer on what people think is worse.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11297306

2 Likes

Eh, I dunno, depends on the MOC and where it is. Something like…Axxon, gets away with open ball-joints pretty fine. But something like…the 2015 masters, they have a bit harder of a time. Open sockets are not too distracting on certain MOCs, but Storm beast shows us how to do it wrong.

Overall, I would have to say that Ball joints are far worse, but can be fixed sometimes (like the Masters…)

3 Likes

Sockets, case in point

while sockets can look fine in some areas they tend to look way worse than balls, specially if its color blocked or something like the 2015 masters.

4 Likes

*your

and honestly open sockets annoy me more.

4 Likes

I’m more bothered by open balljoints. Completely open balljoints that is, the balljoints the middle of CCBS bones or the knee-joints in most G1 shin pieces aren’t as protruding. Most open sockets can be thought of as armor, so I really don’t mind them unless they’re really, really ugly or obviously a sign of an unfinished build.

3 Likes