What's your MOCing method?

I imagine how I want the moc to look like, then I figure out what pieces it could use as armor, and finally I build a frame that allows for the armor pieces to be where they are supposed to be.
Sometimes I get inspiration from other builders or I just copy some designs (giving credit of course :relieved:)

Sometimes I get inspiration from other MOC makers when it comes to a basic frame, though I’ll make my own tweaks to it so to fit certain armor pieces/greebles I want to use.

Usually I draw the moc and then try to make it as accurate as possible to the drawing.

2 Likes

I usually don’t have a plan. I just dump out a bunch of pieces and start building; whenever I find something I like, I stick with it. :slight_smile:

I figure out the color scheme and find all of the parts in those colors I have then I just build. Not really a set style in place but I will figure out the shape in my head first

1 Like

I build a section at a time, and then find a way to connect them.

1 Like

I dump all my parts on the floor, think about the colour scheme I want to use and then just start experimenting with parts lying around until I have an idea what to do with certain ones.
For example I would take some part, do a little bit of stuff with it and then decide that it would work well as leg armor. After that I build a leg for it.

This is a page in which you can ask other moccers on the TTV MB how to improve your moc, or your set that you don’t really like. I feel that a lot of smaller moccers, myself included, would greatly benefit of such a topic, where you can learn how to make your figures of any kind better.

Here’s my first question: how would you make Bulk 3.0 better?

Dunno, perhaps since bulk 3.0 is based off a wolf give him more beefed up legs, a more beefed up top to simulate fur insolation in cold climates, and a shoulder cannon to at least pay tribute to his 1.0 design (which is the best lol) and maybe tribal paint or stickers to maybe get a story going that his team came across some locals that desired to worship them.

That’s just me though, man now you’ve got me going lol I might actually make a bulk 3.0 moc, had the set as a kid.

2 Likes

I just revamped my SM from this:

To this:

I like the overall look and color scheme of the second one better, but the design needs some work. Any tips?

The first one was better imo.

Build my self moc

2 Likes

I usually create a character in my head for a day or two, before I actually build the model. I also build several at once. because I literally have 4 square feet to squeeze myself, the part boxes, and the model, I try to do several at once.

1 Like

LOL same

edit:
Time to try out a new method because frick it
planet spitball LES GOOOO
roll for 2 elements and build something with it

I usually just take my box of parts and…just build something random, developing it on the build time. If it’s a good MOC, I keep it.(trust me, that can be a really long time) After some time, maybe I just revamp it. I also build some MOCs that I am not satisfied with,but which have a good idea in the middle. So I revamp them until I feep completely satisfied.

Me too. That’s usually what happens. Still trying to make a decent looking Bioformer. :expressionless:

1 Like