When was Visorak (Island) Destroyed?

I was wondering if anyone could provide a source for this…

Looking at Bs01’s timeline for the Matoran Universe (Timeline/History of the Matoran Universe - BIONICLEsector01), I noticed that the first atrocity committed by the Visorak horde, that being the destruction of Tobduk’s homeland, does’t have a mention. 1,300 ago, the Visorak “launch the first attacks on inhabited islands, eliminating the population of Keetongu’s homeland;” however, this particular attack on Tobduk’s homeland should precede Gorast’s conquering of the horde, which itself is preceded by Chirox’s creation of them on what would later become Visorak (the location). Spiriah uses the conquered Visorak to patrol Zakaz during his temporary absence from the experiment, sometime between 70,000-75,000 years ago, so both events presumably occurred before this.
After some looking around, I couldn’t find anything that would narrow down the date beyond “sometime before 70,000 years ago”. Can anyone help with this?

1 Like

It’s only an assumption from my part, but since Visorak aren’t specifically mentioned when the Brotherhood defeated the Barraki 80,000 years ago - only Rahi in general are mentioned - I deem it likely that at the very least the Brotherhood hadn’t conquered the Visorak at this point.

Since Makuta also were only assigned to regions after the end of the Matoran Civil War 79,100 years ago, I find it furthermore likely that Chirox might not have had the freedom to create the Visorak on Visorak before the Barraki were defeated.

4 Likes

Those are some great points! It definitely makes sense that they would have appeared after the Barraki’s defeat, and, looking at Chirox’s BS01 page, it also seems that he worked on the Visorak after being assigned the island. Alternatively, could it have been possible that Chirox was assigned the island because of the role he played in nearly demolishing it?

2 Likes

You break it, you buy it get to watch over it.

1 Like

This is entirely headcanon, but I like to imagine the following:

Tobduk’s species served in Takadox’s armies, since their island was part of his kingdom. After the defeat of the Barraki, the League collapsed, but the individual kingdoms still existed for some time (after all, it makes sense that the Barraki left people in place to govern them while they were off at war). This led to the Brotherhood having to actually liberate the entire universe following the Barraki’s defeat. Since the League didn’t exist anymore and the Barraki’s successors needed to consolidate their power before being able to do much, this led to the kingdoms being easy game for the Brotherhood, but there still was a lot of fighting. Tobduk’s species might have resisted with particular vehemence (be it by themselves or because of loyalty to Takadox’s successor), so Chirox might have decided to punish them specifically - and let the Visorak loose on their island.
Alternatively, the League requesting war-Rahi from the Makuta earlier might have sparked the idea to create a Rahi army for the Brotherhood in Chirox. And he wanted to test it on this particular island because it was populated, but at the same time fairly remote.

Miserix wasn’t amused. So when Makuta were assigned to regions a few hundred years later, Chirox got the politically and economically worthless Visorak. After all, it was like this because of his doings.

5 Likes

[quote=“Gilahu, post:5, topic:51823”]
so Chirox might have decided to punish them specifically - and let the Visorak loose on their island.
Alternatively, the League requesting war-Rahi from the Makuta earlier might have sparked the idea to create a Rahi army for the Brotherhood in Chirox. And he wanted to test it on this particular island because it was populated, but at the same time fairly remote.
[/quote] That’s… pretty brilliant.

I have also headcanoned the cleaning-up of the remnant of the League of Six Kingdoms, in a similar fashion to how, in Star Wars, Palpatine’s death at Endor resulted in ten years of campaigning to finally flush out the last of the imperial warlords and holdouts. Plus, the LoSK existed for 14,000 freaking years, so it’s pretty much untenable to say the entire dynasty collapsed immediately. Also, the fact that we never meet any other members of the Barraki’s species (Ehlek aside) could be an interesting angle from which to write a story about their genocide or fall from grace after trying to maintain their position of power.

2 Likes

Well, to do some advertising :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::

The text by now is ever so slightly outdated in terms of the amount of details, but it kinda summarizes RSG’s current in-universe lore regarding the aftermath of the Barraki’s defeat - or at least what is published of it so far. (This is entirely fanon, but is supposed to work with official canon.)

1 Like

I think it was destroyed by the volcano eruption shortly after the Toa Mahri placed the Heart of the Visorak there. I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

No, I believe that was Artidax, not Visorak.

1 Like

Yeah, my bad :stuck_out_tongue:

Would that then make Artidax similar to Mata Nui’s equivalent of a spleen, then? I know it’s nowhere near the location of the spleen in the human body, but I’m only referring to functionality:
The "bad stuff”/Visorak Horde goes there to get consolidated, and then gets removed from the body.

Perhaps it turned out like that, but it certainly wasn’t designed that way by the Great Beings! Haha