Where can I get a recolored mask?

I’m not really sure where to put this, so I’ll put it here for now.

I’m looking to acquire a Kanohi recolored to the color purple, and wondered about commissioning one. I immediately looked at Ven’s page, but he a) doesn’t do purple, and b) seems to be closed. My second thought was Modalt Masks, but he too seemed closed to commissions.

Do you guys know who else I can ask? I’m kinda at a loss here.

2 Likes

You could just buy one and paint it.

2 Likes

I LOVE PURPLE (not relevant but a purple mask sounds cool)

1 Like

I have multiple Kakamas, but I a) am awful at painting and b) have no idea of what paint to use to match the classic Lego purple. There’s a topic on here dedicated to matching paints to Lego hues, but I didn’t see anything about purple there.

1 Like

Maybe paint all of your purple pieces the same purple, and then your kakama, and pretend it’s classic purple!

3 Likes

Well, I don;t know if you would be willing to do this (nor how reliable it would be), but you could make a mold of the Kakama, melt down some plastic pieces, and fill in the mold. I wouldn’t do it myself, though.

2 Likes

A. Ask the guys at RedStarGames.org. They’re on a Toa-quest to 3D print ‘the largest catalogue of kanohi.’
B. Buy some spray paint from any auto parts store. Their wide variety of colors are designed to last as long as your car.

https://store.bricklink.com/socketball#/terms

I know a guy who makes recolors. here’s his tumblr and Bricklink store

3 Likes

Thanks, but

Bring your mask to brickfair, I will bring some of my paints, we shall commit heresy together.

6 Likes

Something inside me wants that recorded and uploaded…

Also, classic Lego purple? You’ve definitely made it hard for yourself, Slime…:laughing:

I also would have suggested painting it yourself. I mean, if there’s no other option, I would still at least try it.

3 Likes

Didn’t Reviving Bionicle talk about what colour they used once?

I know a few people, but not by name. There’s some indication Eljay might be able to point you in the right direction, from what I’ve seen, and some faint memory of mine says Voxumo has some knowledge… I’m probably entirely wrong but eh.

@Hazash might have the right recipe for old technic purple.

1 Like