Where Have You Found Old BIONICLE Sets?

So when I get to the convention, I go straight to the seller area, and begin to work my way around. There is only like 4 or 5 places, organized in a U shape type thing. Start at one side, nothing, move to the next one, nothing, you get the idea. Then, as I approach the last shop, I see one of the people working there take an 8596 Takanuva, off where it was hanging, and hand to a young man.

If I had started from the other side, I would probably have the set.

So close.

Well at least I got three Visorak and an Uplink…

2 Likes

in my house.

4 Likes

I mus say that Bricklink is very useful, since here, Bionicles are pretty rare to find, and I also talk about newer sets.
I remember how I got 2 Bohrok-Kals in a secondhand “market” for kids organized annually in my town. Each one for 2 €. I was so happy to finally get some Bohroks. That was in 2014 I think.

2 Likes

On my shelves…
/s

Now, seriously, I found a lot of old sets at my local shop.

I just ordered the last Ekimu vs Skull Grinder set in my entire country thats 50% off from the original price (the ones left are only full price). It feels good man, it feels good.

3 Likes
1 Like

Perfection. Thank you.

Has anyone ever found Bonkles at a garage sale? Just wondering

1 Like

There are no such things as garage sales in my country…we call them mini-markets (cause not all of us have garages nor do we store such things like that in storage places or even if we had garages).
And no, nobody is selling Bionicles like that, they expensive and worth to people here ya know. That sort of toy is passed to person to person within the family or related.

2 Likes

Yes, I have. Mostly incomplete though.

I wish lol - once i did though. I got a incomplete Hordika Vakama (w/ canister)- for $1

2 Likes

You can find old Bionicle sets, along with Hero Factory sets at the LEGO resale shop (located nationwide in the US), Bricks and Minifigs. They sell them for quite cheap, or at least with my location they do. In addition, they constraction parts in their brick bins.

1 Like

RIP my hopes and dreams. I live in Canada :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re opening a store in Canada soon. I heard them kind of “announce” it in the store a few months back. They were ecstatic.

2 Likes

Why have I never heard of this?!?!

4 Likes

My mother is a part of a Facebook group of local moms who pawn off old toys and such, where I got an Axalara T9, complete, in box, with all but the first bag sealed, for 8 bucks. Best deal I ever got on anything.

7 Likes

I got the Rorzakh I still have at a flea market. Was only missing the two gears, the gray axle, and one staff.

2 Likes

When I was in middle school, a friend of mine who was a senior in high school sold me Sidorak, Roodaka, and Keetongu for a $15 all together.

1 Like

Getting those three anywhere else would cost you like, over 100.

1 Like

Another lot that I got had Kopaka Mata, most of Tahnok, Onepu McToran, most of Matoro McToran, Matoro Inika, Hahli Mahri, Kongu Mahri, Maxilos & Spinax, and Hydraxon (along with quite a few other parts) for $50.