Where to start with the Bionicle canon

So, I’ve been in the Bionicle fandom for about three years now (since the reboot), and I’ve decided that I want to get more into the lore of the series, like reading the comics, books, etc. However, I’m not really sure where to start, and I don’t really know exactly what I should read. Could you guys help me out?

4 Likes

I know BS01 has copies of the story serials, and there’s copies of the books online, but I don’t know about the comics

4 Likes

I think I have a pretty good site for comics. I use it to read Transformers all the time.

What sucks is that before I got into Bionicle, I had the first four books, but I got rid of them

2 Likes

Biomedia has the comics as pdf files.
Here’s the link for that.

5 Likes

I suggest you use Biolocial Chronical. It is avery scrap of lore compiled into one word doc.

6 Likes

The books were one of my first entrance pieces of media, they definitely help!

2 Likes

My suggestion would have to be the Comics. The books basically flesh out what happens in the comics, so if you want bite sized then the comics are a great way to start understand just what’s going on.

The books would definitely be step two.

~Hawkeye

3 Likes

Basically, the 2001 story, animations, MNOG, comics and books.
Then 2002 story, animations, comics and books.
Then 2003 story, animations, MNOG, comics and books.
So on until 2010 and the same for G2.

2 Likes

If you want to delve into the main story, getting the books is what I would do. Those are the main story content. How you get them… That’s another question. You can look at the link posted by TheMOCingBird.

There’s also the four movies.

3 Likes

The books all go for fairly cheap on Amazon. Looking at $4-5 USD average. The bulk of the lore is contained within. Some highlights I would recommend being sure to read in conjunction with all the comics saved to Biomedia Project would be Chronicles #4 Tales of the Masks, Adventures #3 The Darkness Below, Adventures #6 Maze of Shadows, Adventures #10 Time Trap, Legends #4 Legacy of Evil, Legends #8 Downfall, Legends #11 The Final Battle. If you want to skim, stick with the comics as suggested, if you want a healthy dose, read these suggestions in conjunction with the comics (note that several comics reference events in the books, so you may want to read the books referenced that I did not mention), if you want to be a sage, read the comics, books, and serials in order. But if you want to be a lorebeard, read the Early-Reader books as well.

4 Likes