WHICH MOVIE IS MORE ICONIC/CULTURALLY RELEVANT

I have seen E.T. But not gremlins…

Both movies are bad anyways.

ET gets parodied to crap, Gremlins is just sort of…there.

ET because it’s a Steven Spielberg movie, and plus it also a young Drew Barrymore in it, too.

Based on a discussion on the brick feed podcast about lego dimensions’s questionable choices of franchise licenses

1 Like

cough cough Atari cough

Gremlins has a lego dimensions set, it’s better.
It’s also more beauteous:

E.T got that abomination of a game

: p

4 Likes

Ah, I see. I figured this was just another one of those times TTV used it’s fans to settle an argument between them, like patents that ask their children to choose sides.

2 Likes

I’d have to go with E.T, but Gremlins is a close 2nd. Also, why doesn’t this topic have a category?

1 Like

And to that I say,
We’ve gotten minifigs of chel, gizmo, Mr T and Sonic the flipping hedgehog, who cares about cultural relevancy, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

1 Like

I only found out Gremlins was a thing when I looked up ‘ninjago gizmo’

Gizmo is that tea robot by the way, that’s what he was called in the credits.

1 Like

It can definitely be better, but the poll is which one is more culturally relevant. I liked Chronicle probably better than I’ll like the Power Rangers movie coming out, but that doesn’t mean that the Power Rangers isn’t more culturally relevant.

We have a ton of arguments behind the scenes, but we specifically made this one to gauge properly how many people think that ET is more culturally relevant. We couldn’t rely on just ourselves to gauge that among us.

Ah, my mistake.
My brain likes to read things incorrectly/assume things when I’m tired.

I understand that, and I’m not bashing that this is a valid question or anything, I’m just saying you’ve done this before, case in point:

It’s E.T.
It’s known as one of the best movies of all time.

There shouldn’t be any argument about either.

Of course we get Mr. T/B.A. Barabuse. He is just awsome, I love the A-Team.

I haven’t seen either, but I’ve heard alot about them.

If Power Rangers was still more culturally relevant then the fate of the franchise wouldn’t depend on the movie.

ET has a ride in one of the most popular amusement parks in the U.S so I would say ET takes it.