Who's the strongest Toa?

Hello Greg,

Who is the strongest Toa? Pohatu or Onua - without the power of his Pakari Nuva - ? (The most powerful are Tahu and Tuyet)

The original product description for Pohatu Mata says that he is the strongest Toa, but some other sources says that Onua is the strongest (maybe because of the Pakari Nuva). The Makuta’s Guide also says that Pohatu was the strongest Toa Mata, but their transformations could have changed that.

Another question, does the Toa Nuva physically stronger than the avarage Toa? Or their transformations into Toa Nuva didn’t effect their physical strenghts only their elemental powers?

3 Likes

Po-Matoran are said to be the strongest type of Matoran, while Onu-Matoran have limited night vision and enhanced strength. Assuming that these same traits would be true for their Toa counterparts as well, regardless of the fact that the Mata were never Matoran, and that both the Pakari and the Pakari Nuva were taken out of the equation entirely, it would stand to reason that the strongest out of the two would’ve been Pohatu in either case.
However, once you take into consideration that all Toa, no matter their elemental affiliation, are capable of lifting about a metric ton in weight, the differences in strength between themselves and that of the rest of their teammates aren’t really that vast to begin with.

2 Likes

Demonstratively, throughout the written canon, Pohatu is shown to be capable of far greater feats of strength than Onua even while using the mask of Strength. Of course, there may have been other instances of far stronger Toa in the Bionicle lore, but we really don’t know.

2 Likes

Could you provide us with an example of this, Ghid?

At this point, Tahu most likely is with all 42 rahkshi powers.

In raw Attackpower Pohatu had a Basepower of 13, and Onua a Power of 12.
Also, Pohatus Stats combined are 48. Every Toa so fare had a Power of 44-48. Pohatu has also the same Basepower as Kopaka, Takanuva in later Arks and Tahu. But this is only the Power of the Body.

1 Like

No. Tahu with his Rahkshi powers is the most powerful Toa, not the strongest. I’m talking about their physical strength not their power levels. Yes, @Sunaki , it’s all about the power of their bodies, so Tahu’s Kraata powers, elemental strength, Tuyet’s Nui stone, even the mental state doesn’t matter. (Off course Savage, Spinner and the other Toa who became DHs don’t count for they are called no longer a Toa)

3 Likes

Well, to be perfectly fair, Tridahk might actually have a point here; the Hunger variation also enhances the user’s strength by stealing it from others, so it’s arguable that Tahu is indeed now capaple of being a contender for the title of strongest Toa as well.
However, the original question posed was soley between Pohatu and Onua, and since the Pakari isn’t allowed as a factor, it’s reasonably safe to assume that Kraata powers wouldn’t be either.

1 Like

I can only recall Onua and Pohatu being pitted against each other in any serious contest during the events of Dark Mirror. They turned out to be an even match, but it was no arm wrestling contest.
I assume the Nuva upgrade also enhanced their physical prowess, since their Mata versions were deteriorated from being in stasis too long. That begs the question, do Toa need to work out?

1 Like

When TTV doesn’t tell you there’s replies here

Sorry, I don’t remember the original evidence for this, it’s been several years since I first researched it.[quote=“Timageness, post:9, topic:42263”]
Well, to be perfectly fair, Tridahk might actually have a point here; the Hunger variation also enhances the user’s strength by stealing it from others, so it’s arguable that Tahu is indeed now capaple of being a contender for the title of strongest Toa as well.
[/quote]

Plus the alteration of his physical form which must have occured to adapt to the sudden dump of 42 Rahkshi powers into his system (Yes, I know it’s in the armour, but something altering him must have occured). [quote=“Surel-nuva, post:8, topic:42263”]
No. Tahu with his Rahkshi powers is the most powerful Toa, not the strongest. I’m talking about their physical strength not their power levels.
[/quote]

Well we don’t have a scouter regardless