Why do main characters in action movies wear sunglases?

This might sound like a dumb topic, but I though why not discuss this?

In 1984, Terminator appeared on the big screen, one of the earliest R rated movies, the movie that started the success on Arnold Shwartzenegger (sorry if I misspelled that) and one of the few movies which has a 100% critics score on Rotten Tomatoes.

Then, in 1999…

One year later…

Of course, there are tone of action movies which have this feature, those are just some of the best ones.

So, now to the topic… Why does everybody in action movies of this kind wear sunglasses? I know, it makes them look cool, but why not discuss this?

This topic may not be very relevant, but I think it can make for an interesting discussion.

1 Like

cause it looks cool? This topic seems kinda unnecessary.

8 Likes

This is literally one of the most pointless topics I’ve ever seen.

Because shades are making them to look edgier.
Done.

2 Likes

If I were to see a normal guy running after me, I’d be worried I’m beung attacked by a street thug. If I saw someone with sick shades running after me, I’d be scared I’m in trouble with the government.

5 Likes

I think I finally found a logical reason… :+1:

2 Likes

I think it’s similar with men in black, maybe they just are used to represent the emotionless cold system of authority and government… or they look really cool.

5 Likes

this is the reason now no other reason is real

4 Likes

They wear sunglasses to prevent people from trying to steal their eyes.

It also makes it harder to identify them.

7 Likes

Because they wanna seem edgy and cool? since that’s kinda the main character style in these movies?

1 Like

I haven’t heard of people wearing sun sunglasses

But people where normal sunglasses because it looks cool.

Edited the title for simplicity and spelling~Meep

(I hope that works… this is my first time doing this. Let me know if I need to change the way I do things.)

2 Likes

Because it…

Looks cool.

Hides emotion.

Looks cool.

Makes you seem vaguely more intimidating.

Looks cool.

Hides your identity,

Looks cool.

2 Likes

Cuz sunglasses are baddonkey

I agree

It’s fine

Closing this down

5 Likes