Why do you dislike Nexo Knights?

Did it really though? Bionicle also had a fairly large focus during its first few months, its sort of typical that a theme is focused on for a few months after its initial release. You really dont see an ad for something more then once a year unless its StarWars or in the catalogue.

1 Like

Bionicle was barely marketed. Sure, LEGO did a good job of marketing to the older crowd that uses social media heavily, but there weren’t enough games, commercials, etc. to get the young’uns into it. That’s probably why it failed, since LEGO didn’t gain much interest from their primary demographic.

However, Nexo Knights is still being pushed pretty hard, since it shows up more on the LEGO homepage than Bionicle G2 ever has.

2 Likes

I would care to differ, since it did receive a whole lotta time at NYCC for the older fans to get back in. G2 also started 2015 off with a new mobile game, which they hoped would assist in spreading BIONICLE to the younger audience. This is also without mentioning the web animations, which again were made with a younger demographic in mind.

Was it pushed as hard as Nexo Knights, with its TV show from the start, app, and web animations? No, not really, but seeing how Ninjago has been one of LEGO’s better selling themes over the past few years and Hero Factory having a general decrease in interest, it’s not hard to see why this happened.

1 Like

that and then we have the fact that LEGO is advetising one of the books for the theme, the “Book of Monsters” look at Nexo Knight’s web page, they actualy advertise the book there and also have also created an event where in you have to look for some of the monsters from the book to not only get a download of one of the pages, but to also see an exlusive video featuring said monster. Nither Ninjago nor Chima resived that level of advertisement. heck not even G1 resived that.

1 Like

So I guess bioniclestory.com didn’t exist.

2 Likes

i was talking about the books, that is an advertisment for the toys. my point still stands.

1 Like

Well, unless my memory is falling behind, BIONICLE Story was a way of telliong the story of BIONICLE and, in fact, helped promote the novels, films, and serials.

1 Like

just2good said in his Just2Mail video that he felt he grew sick of the line by the time of the summer wave.

1 Like

Eh, I can understand his opinion.

Although I personally think the sets were designed in a superb fashion, the color schemes accompanying them can leave some to think a bit less of the theme. I personally like the uniformity, though, since it makes the vehicles look like they’re from a single unit.

2 Likes

One simple thing:

color scheme

I hate the blue and trans orange

The fact that the "Action"sets aren’t CCBS slapping on ccbs hands don’t count

1 Like

Is it just me or should lego really learn from its recent mistakes regarding what lines to market and what ones not to market.

I liked pretty much every castle theme up until this, they weren’t gimmicky or unoriginal, they had no story but I’m pretty sure that’s why I liked them, and they generally produced good fun and quality.

1 Like

Heavily advertised!!! Bionicle was barely advertised. Maybe it was heavily advertised during the first month, but not really. It appeared on three catalogs. Two on the front cover, but inside it was shoved to some corner. And yes, within lego own stores and own catalog/magazine, yes, but elsewhere, your were hard pressed to see an add much less find it in a store. And 2016, you rarely saw an add.

And as for nexo knights… the hero’s are boring and uninteresting. And while the sets look cool and creative, the villains don’t seem that interesting.
Best part is that the line had more cheap sets that were good. Unlike ninjago when all the good sets were too expensive.

I haven’t gotten any nexo knights sets so this is from what I can tell.

Alright, so aside from the fast you are replying to my comment 2 years after I posted it, yes Bionicle was advertised to the same degree as Nexo Knights was during their first waves. Now obviously Bionicle became less and less advertised as time went on, with Nexo Knights also following in a slow down.

Literally every new theme has had the same amount of advertising that Bionicle got when it returned, the only difference is that Bionicle disappeared faster then other themes, but over all, most themes saw a sharp drop off in advertising with exceptions like Ninjago and Star Wars.

3 Likes

Nexo Knights is Galidor for the new generation.

prove me wrong I dare you.

Nexo Knights uses system and has in fact introduced a variety of useful components and several new colors for existing ones.

Galidor was so specialized in its nature that the same cannot be said of it

and that is why I find your comparison decidedly inaccurate.

4 Likes

It just seems really silly to me, the only part I liked was the neon orange reminding me of the old Ice planet sets, and nothing else really.

2 Likes

Galidor and Nexo Knights attempted to steal Bionicle’s thunder during it’s second year and get canceled after two years and an ok TV show.

Also they’re both mostly bad in my opinion.

Explain to me how either of those themes tried to steal Bionicle’s thunder and why lego would purposely try to undermine one of its other themes.

Thats like saying the Apple Watch was supposed to undermine the Imac, it doesn’t make any sense.

Also Galidor didn’t even last a full year, let alone two, while Nexo Knights was 2 and a half years long.

2 Likes

eh, I suppose I must’ve gotten my facts wrong,

(I think I would have less trouble complaining about lego star wars, don’t get me started.)