Why do you dislike Nexo Knights?

TBH, I don’t have a problem with the whole “they have no business being knights” thing. I see it as a more ceremonial thing then a legitimate military service.

As an example, I’d like to bring up the early American Militia system. When colonies were originally formed, the militia was put into place to protect them n such. However as time went on, and threats decreased more and more, the militia became less of a “protect all the people yay” to more of a “oh lets meet up and have a few drinks and talk politics” sorta thing. The position of the militia gradually switched from being militarily based to being more of a political title.

I see the Knights in the same way. Perhaps it’s like a rite of passage, where in order to become a higher member of society, you have to serve as a knight for a while. They haven’t had threats for 100 years or so, so why should they care about being knights and saving people? They could just in it for the title.

Granted, I haven’t watched past the second episode, so perhaps my theories are incorrect.

8 Likes

How can you dislike Nexo Knights? They have 1x1 pyramid tiles and evil books.

8 Likes

Very well said. I predict this BIONICLE vs NEXO thing might turn into NINJAGO vs CHiMA conflict… Which worries me a lot. NINJAGO fans are still block-headed maniacs whenever CHiMA comes around, and pretty much hated CHiMA for “Copying NINJAGO” (not true), which lead to nothing good. I like(d) CHiMA and NEXO Knights, and wish(ed) them well. Don’t be an idiot, and accept other themes.

2 Likes

Can it really be a ripoff if they’re made by the same company? But let’s say it’s the exact copy or ripoff people say it is what wrong with Lego having two similar themes if ones constraction and another’s system, isn’t diversification good for a company. I may not be the biggest nexo Knights fan but I thinks it’s kinda unfair and a little childish to hate the theme so much.
Also if nexo Knights is a ripoff of bionicle because it has colored heroes looking for some collectible items then by that logic Ninjago is also a ripoff, where’s all its hate?

2 Likes

I do not consider it a ripoff, but I dislike the overall story (however I’ve heard good things of ep5). The first epispdes didn’t really appeal to me that much so I guessed I stopped watching, also the sets after having bought some aren’t too bad, they jave very nice parts but still a bit eh imo.

People do have different opinions towards it

1 Like

I’ve watched some of the show and didn’t have a fondness for it but I’ve never thought any of Legos shows were completely amazing (though jto is pretty good all things considered) I haven’t bought any sets just yet because personally I don’t think the line looks to good but that’s just my opinion, and if people don’t like it for those reasons (bad sets bad show) then yeah I get it, but the people saying its a ripoff of bionicle or that it’s going to kill bionicle again I think are a little misguided

1 Like

Honestly, I can’t even say that I legitimately dislike it. It’s just there.

I don’t find it horrible so much as I find it uninteresting. I’ve watched the show thus far and found it a little cringy, but really more generic than anything else. Perhaps it’s just my age, but I really can’t get attached to any of the characters… At least with Chima I felt sorry for Cragger(and his whole family, really). I’m not certain that qualifies as a pro, but at least there’s some kind of connection.

The sets look kind of neat, but I think I’d only get a couple if I were to get any… And they’d just end up looking out of place among my Ninjago dominated system collection.

So, to answer the question, I suppose I “dislike” it because it’s subjectively uninteresting. Can’t get invested in the story. Can’t get invested in the sets.

4 Likes

Because in no universes are digital gizmos orange.

THEY’RE BLUE I SWEAR
I WENT TO MY GRAMP’S UNIVERSE

Chima gave us blue lights

and Ultra Agents gave us blue lights

it makes sense they’d wanna change of pace, really.

6 Likes

Why do I dislike NEXO Knights? I like the concept, characters, ideas and lore, not the execution. If I could summarize NEXO Knights in 1 sentence it would be:

You left out Castle (the one with skeletons), which would probably fit between Knight’s Kingdoms one and two. Also, the newer castle would probably take place between Kingdoms and Knight’s kingdom one.

there are a good number of things that i don’t like about Nexo Knights.

the heroes are one of them.

and their vehicles are another, because to me, many of the Nexo Knights vehicles does not even make sence, a large bike that transforms into a mecha horse?

and don’t come here and argu that Chima’s vehicles never made sence to you guys, because to me, they make more sence than the Nexo Knight’s vehicles.

the few vehicles that do make sence to me and are the ones that i bought as sets, are the villains vehicles (because in my head canon, they are not vehicles but large lava monsters that looks like vehicles) and for the heroes, the Fortrex and the hover horses.

why the Fortrex and the hover horses? Because to me they make sence. The Fortrex is a large, mobile base, and because of the knight theme, it makes sence that it looks like a castle, and the hover horses also make sence in that they are just advanced tech versions of normal horses.

another vehicles for the heroes that make sense to me is Alx’s Tower carrier, because it looks like a normal vehicles but with a tower that can be left behind.

unlike the weapon based vehicles of the heroes, which just look stupid in my opinion.

What about them?
I felt that as the show progressed, it did the best job of developing them for any Lego show so far. All of them feel interesting and rounded, yet flawed (except Axl, he’s just a bad character IMO). They also have good interactions.

I have some issues with Nexo knights in the form of some of their sets being super awkward, Axl being a 2-d and stupid character, Macy’s weirdly passive and secretive warrior mom who needs to stand up for her daughter, the squirebots, Axl, the really bad puns, Axl, etc.

1 Like

i don’t see the point, why not a plane that transforms into a horse lookin bike or something, the Mecha horse to me is just dumb. Because its just a land vehicles that transforms into a land mech.

i just don’t see the point.

if anything, why not try an make a mecha dragon that transforms into… say a tank or something.

that would be interesting to see actualy.

1 Like

If you think you could engineer this with a strict budget set by Lego, be my guest.

1 Like

im not a mocist.

but i still do not like the majority of the hero vehicles in Nexo Knights, i mean how does a large sword attached to a tank body seem like a good idea.

It’s stylistic. It’s a jet with the vague shaping of a sword to make it fit the theme.

I agree it’s a bit lazy but Lego has never been known for complicated transformations or seperate looking forms. Like this most of their transforming things look like one mode folded up. And then that ussually means that the vehicle fits with the general theme.

not really, in the tv series, clay actualy use it as a large sword that he launch from the tank portion of his vehicle, and he then go kamikaze attack on his enemies.

here is an example.

The toys are designed prior to the TV series. The animators can do what they want, but that isn’t what the creators of the set intended.