Why Doesn't Anyone Around Here Buy LEGO Anymore?

So wait, hold on a second.
We ALL came on this site because we liked our plastic toys-based franchise. That’s why we are here. The fact that we liked TTV is not as important. Do we respect them for making their channel, inspiring us and (most importantly) creating this hub for the entire Bionicle community? Yes, absolutely. No doubt on that! Are we here only because of that. No. Not by any mean.
I mean hell, it seems that you are here just out of that respect.
But absolutely everybody else, from the very first user to the newest one, is here because of Bionicle, becuase we loved it, because it was a very important part of our lifes, because we like to collect those plastic toys!
We came on this site to meet other people with the same passions, instead of bumping into persons that would say “what you are doing is childish stop it”. Yet it seems that such persons infiltrated here too.
You are on a Bionicle site full of Bionicle fans. You are in the center of the very fandom. Yet you say that you don’t like Bionicle. What are you doing here anymore? Don’t be concerned about us, be concerned about you. You are staying in the wrong habitat, like a cat in a desert.
You said that you are here because TTV was a big part of your childhood. TTV was a Bionicle podcast made by Bionicle fans. You are saying that you are staying here for TTV, who is Lego related, yet you say that you don’t like Lego. How the hell is this even possible?

2 Likes

That right there worries me more than someone collecting plastic toys [quote=“MataNuiNuva, post:35, topic:48663”]
I brought this up because I’m worried about you guys.
[/quote]

Truth be told, right now I’m worried for you we are having fun collecting toys but you seem a little sad, suicidal almost, all I can say is: seek help!

That right there, gives me the answer, I feel sorry for you, it seems you are here out of comitment[quote=“LegoDavid, post:39, topic:48663”]
2019 was the first year ever since 1999 when there was no constraction line.
[/quote]

Constraction doesn’t sell like it used to, it’s licenses that sell! Nexo Knights doesn’t sell and even Ninjago pegwarms now

1 Like

Then it’s a good thing I don’t find my value or meaning in life in my overwhelming collection…

I do plenty of things besides LEGO. I’m in a robotics group, I’m in a marching band, I’m taking some pretty difficult classes, writing a book, helping lead a youth group, and trying to make a career in Overwatch (which is not going too well for unsurprising reasons). But I still find joy in LEGO, and it connects me with a lot of friends. It also brought me to this site. LEGO isn’t the crux of my existence, it’s a hobby I really enjoy doing. I don’t think how I spend my nonexistent money really defines me as a person.

3 Likes

Right.
My points exactly.

2 Likes

I do, often too much, but I’ve been trying to cut back as of late to pay bills and complete a book project about obscure LEGO book.

1 Like