Why I prefer HF over BIONICLE. (RaptorTalon edition)

I just do, bleg bleg.

34 Likes

I grew up with mostly hero factory but I had a couple of g1 that I adored but hero factory was my life as a kid, though they were OK story wise, hero factory.basicly introduced me to lego so I wouldnot be here without it. I still prefer bionicle though

2 Likes

That is totally fine! respectful difference of opinions is what makes this fandom great!

2 Likes

I am just happy that people aren’t going full hate wars about which is better, I hated it when my friends would debate about it,

To be homest, I never understood why people were so emotional about lego brands, I hope they bring back hero factory because the story ended so quickly

1 Like

A lot of them mean a lot to people. HF is like an old friend to me, not just the line, but the memories I have with it. Many people have similar views regarding Bionicle.

2 Likes

I as a kid didn’t care which one was better and I still don’t really,

But one thing most people can agree on,
Legos were life, hours and hours gone due to duplo, I mean bricks and technic l, I mean, I didn’t know a kid who hasn’t heard of legos, except for that foreign exchange student but they at least had bootlegs, What I am trying to say is that legos were most kids’ life

1 Like

Yeah, likely even more so now that the movies are coming out. But even my peers when I was 8-10 considered them “un-cool” I am hoping LEGO can be a even more long-lasting thing for kids nowadays.

1 Like

This is a beautiful story.

Though I am inherently a Bionicle fan, I have just as big of an appreciation for HF and the amount of effort put into it that molded the childhoods of many. I fondly remember walking down the Lego isles of Toys R us and watching kids gather around the 2.0 sets and clamoring about how they saw them in action on TV

3 Likes

I see you weren’t into Bionicle Gen 1 when it was at the top. But I hope Lego will never bring back hf. It’s an overall boring and confusing conception and even Christian Faber admitted that it was a provocation towards Bionicle. I basically hate how it turned “It’s not what you have, it’s what you do that makes you a hero” into simply “we build heroes”. Real heroes can’t be built. Plus I hated how it was visually too similar to the bad advertisements of the modern globalised world. I always hated how there were big screens on the buildings showing the “heroes” making sure they gain enough fame. But then again fame doesn’t make anyone a better hero. They played the celebrity role instead of being real heroes. But the whole hero core in Robots reminded me of Astro Boy except that there was a better story. For me, hf is dumb and always will be.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can actually really relate.

Last weekend when I was at work I was thinking about my old HF memories. And it made me so happy. I thought of how I obtained each set, and all the different things I did with them. All the stop motions, all the drawings, all the Mocs I made, and so much more. I had a little box that I stored my HF parts in and each year I would cut out all the promotional images from the magazines and tape them to the box. I remember the smell of the bags they used to come in (man I miss those) and the Savage Planet movie.

sigh good ol days

I am still happy though, to have made the same amount of memories will Bionicle G1 and G2.

But I am not opposed to an HF return.

1 Like

You know, the results of Bionicle and HF-- all Lego, in fact-- seem to be the creation of a rich and detailed world. You’re a prime example that you don’t have to like on line over the other to be creative.

Thank you!. (I did leave a lot out, trying to keep this pretty short) And that sounds like a ton of fun, I sure hope those kids enjoyed themselves.

Thanks! that reminds me of the time that we made a Hero craft out of cardboard boxes. I am glad to hear I am not the only overly nostalgic one.

It certainly seems that way. Thanks!

2 Likes

tri-[quote=“LTVmocs, post:6, topic:29794”]
legos
[/quote]

trig-

|-T r i g g e r e d-|

Honestly, I can see where you’re coming from. It’s not like HF didn’t create an interesting story with unique characters.
Unlike another theme I know
COUGH G2 COUGH
Wheezes and passes out

6 Likes

Yea I pretty much agree I remember really liking the barraki sets but I much preferred the style of hero factory I especially remember loving the 1.0 and 2.0 sets the most.

1 Like

Something I very much enjoyed about HF, is how good the sets were. You could get a HF set and be totally content with it, sure modding it is a option (A option I used more often then not) but they can still stand on their own. I find that many G2 sets have very nagging flaws that kinda just eat at your sanity every time you look at them.

But yeah, 2011 had some great sets, and 1.0 heroes will always be nostalgic for me.

2 Likes

How can you go that small?

2 Likes

At least I didn’t say logos

you were saying? /s

I read the whole post, and all I can see is that you grew up with hero factory instead of bionicle. If you had grown up with bionicle, you’d be more biased to it instead.

5 Likes

Good job at a respectable argument that doesn’t boil down to “BONKIKLE SUX”
(how do we have many of the same sets here)
Im also glad you didn’t go the route many bionicle fans did when bionicle was canceled, hating hero factory and CCBS for no real reason other than they were under the misconception that it was replacing bionicle or something.
Though if Faber isn’t involved I’m concerned for the future of any other new constraction line, if he wasn’t even allowed to use his creative ideas in hero factory, how much was planned stuff for G2?

I am so unbelievably triggered by this.

4 Likes

I actually love that set, and it is very nostalgic to me.

Yup, pretty much.