Why I think the New Bionicle Story will be Terrible

I want to revive this topic to say that I completely agree that the new Bionicle will not have a good story as we may have liked.

2 Likes

We just have to see how acceptable the new story is…when the books come out.

I wonder how many books there will be?

I have since left the camp of MT that says all the pessimistic things.

Hope has been restored and I now look forward once more to seeing what will happen in the future.

9 Likes

heh, I know why

1 Like

Get back on topic

2 Likes

Now I gotta know why.

Yeah, books for kids

Rofl. Hindsight is painful sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes. Yes it is. XD

2 Likes

You mean like the plethora of G1 novels were? This is only going to be a problem if the author thinks “for kids” means “for toddling idiots”, a moronic but depressingly common conclusion some writers tend to come to.

4 Likes

As has been pointed out before, I just wanna say that not all kids books are bad. The previous BIONICLE books were for kids, and we seemed to enjoy them. (Other examples include Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, Narnia, The Hobbit)

9 Likes

Erhm, well, then.

I guess I say I can agree with you, MT. My thoughts kind of ran the same way from the get-go, though I never took the time to think all that out. Only argument I have is that I feel Lego did indeed make good characters, with the only exception being the later villains. Matoro, the Chronicler’s Company, among others were prime examples of great characters.

Lolz for this, though.

2 Likes

in the most recent podcast, meso, eljay, and var attacked this topic XD

3 Likes

I know, I saw it! :smiley: I agree with them about the character thing, save for stereotypical villains.

1 Like

They’re too scared to attack it on here.

-MT

7 Likes

Are they?

Or are you too scared to attack them on their podcast?

3 Likes

That’s actually been done before. =p

-MT

5 Likes

I am MT’s first disciple. Who else will join?

lol not rly

2 Likes

It seems to me MT hasn’t been reading Lego Magazines and really analyzing some of the back-story to the mythos of the new BIONICLE like I have.

And, like TTV said, that he seems to forget most of the major BIONICLE media came out in 2002-2003 (besides the comics, but even then, those came out in the summer, like the new BIONICLE books and comics). BIONICLE hit it big in 2002. It’s a bit unfair to compare something that just started to something that is complete.

2 Likes