Why is Lewa a girl?

I’m serious. There is literally no reason for Lewa to be a girl. And don’t give me that “gender balancing” crap. If that were the case, you’d just make them all genderless with masculine and feminine traits. No, you just want to completely ignore Faber’s visions so you can get away with your ships and weird fantasies. I’m really hoped the Bionicle fandom was exempt from the “pointlessly changing traits of characters to satisfy their fantasies” trope, but clearly I was wrong. Shame on you.

12 Likes

because thdy are not the same characters as in g1 nor g2, it depends on the gender of the matoran that becomes the toa I believe

3 Likes

That’s the canon excuse. Lewa could have still been a guy, like he should be.

who cares what the gender is if the personality is still the same? also, it’s their story, they can do whatever they want

6 Likes

Who cares? A lot of people do. It really is a lame excuse for terrible fanfics.

1 Like

I mean, you can just be like me and not really pay much attention to Gen3. Even so, it’s really nothing to be upset about. I mean, you still have the original Lewa, right? It’s not like Gen3 Lewa just threw Gen1 Lewa out of existence. Besides, this is a fan project. Again, why make such a big fuss? It’s really a waste of time and energy.

8 Likes

I’m curious as to why it really matters to you. That would help get to the root of how to properly answer your question.

14 Likes

What does “Faber’s vision” of Bionicle have to do with Lewa’s gender?

Christian Faber

7 Likes

who is faber

1 Like

I feel like the change was made for selfish reasons (ships, etc) and even if it wasn’t it will certainly will be used that way. Already there has been r34 made of Brickonicle and that will certainly hurt ttv’s overall image.
What’s more, I feel like my previous suggestion of making everyone genderless and giving them masculine and feminine traits would actually be a far more inclusive change.

1 Like

Well, first off, haven’t you been to the internet? Second off, I’d be better off not knowing your search history. Third, really making a lot of assumptions. I’m actually wondering if you’re being serious.

7 Likes

do you think there is no r34 of male lewa? that’s were you go wrong my man

If it exists… no matter what
and rule63 is also a thing “for every male charactrr there shall be a female counterpart”

I bet a kidney the autor of that r34 stuff is gk733

1 Like

Let’s try to remain civil and not be so accusatory, please. I think it’s a legitimate question that obviously plenty of people care about, so I’d like to have an open and honest discussion.

(still typing up my response to the post.)

6 Likes

Sorry.

3 Likes

shivers not so long ago a bunch of trolls rampaged throu the boards here and posted such an image of Lewa.

2 Likes

I have (luckily) not actually seen any of it, but I know it exists. Not to mention the boards got breifly raided with it last night.

1 Like

Well, this is certainly the first I’ve heard of it, and again, I apologize for sounding so hostile. Regardless, I don’t really blame Brickonicle itself for that, mostly the people who take it that far. I’m sure that wasn’t the intention most people had when making Lewa a girl.

I know r34 wouldn’t have been the intention. But it does it exist and it should be stopped as much as possible.
And let’s be real. When was the last time there was r34 of a Bionicle fan project?

Or you could really just ignore it. I mean, I agree that making something like that is disrespectful, but again, the blame shouldn’t be put on Brickonicle as some fans really enjoy the fan project. Changing Lewa back into a guy really wouldn’t stop anything.

3 Likes

I’d ignore it except for the fact it is destroying ttv. I know for a fact that it was one of the primary reasons for the raid. Changing Lewa to a guy, or at least following my suggestion, will actually help.

1 Like