Workout Tips & Discussion

I thought I’d make a topic for all of the lovely people here that exercise frequently.

So, where and how do you folks do you work out?
Got any insightful tips for the rest of us?
What’s your exercise regimen?

Share below, and discuss.

==============================================================

I’ll go first.

For the longest while, I used to work out out and about my neighborhood, doing push-ups, sit-ups and what-have-you at playgrounds and parks.

Recently, I’ve acquired a gym membership and now work-out every other day. I exercise chest, triceps, and calves one day, and back, biceps, and forearms the other. For each region, I do 5 sets of 12 reps, and sometimes more depending on how fatigued I am.

As for any suggestions, I find that locking my entire body in flex yields the best results while doing triceps, as it facilitates a situation wherein only they’re being exercised.

Aside from that, I’m not quite sure what I’d have to say that hasn’t already been said a million times over. Do your exercises slowly and attentively to feel your muscles flex and contract, as doing so provides a better quality workout.
And most important of all: never skip a day.

5 Likes

I do plan on exercising with my uncle soon. He lifts weights a lot, and has been since high school. Oddly enough, he is also a huge comic book nerd.

Trust me, there are a lot of people out there that are huge nerds and are very physically active… The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

1 Like

I do a nifty little routine I found online called the Daredevil workout. Twenty climbers, ten push ups, twenty punches, twenty squats, ten shoulder taps, another twenty punches, twenty side kicks, ten wide grip push ups and round it off with another twenty punches. I do three sets right now, though I will do more in the future. I’d only recommend it if you have access to a punching bag.

Does moving heavy things mean working out?

I get my exercise from…nothing. I do not go out of my way to do push-ups. but I do make sure that I keep somewhat fit.

I do a lot of working. but I do not really do what you would call working out.

Oh mannnnnn

You see I am a swimmer

Competitive swimmer

I also do occasional dryland, which is just what everybody else is doing.

Can anybody else do clap pushups?

Legit question there. Those things are great.

2 Likes

Is your spirit animal Aquaman or Sub-Mariner?

“hmmm, I wonder…”
Tries them out.
Either I’m doing these wrong or I can’t.

Unfortunately, due to this weird shoulder issue I have, wherein it pops in and out of it’s socket under certain conditions, I can hardly do any pushups.
Strange, I know. It’s a real pain in the ■■■. Sometimes when I’m doing bench-presses it will either lock in or pop out of its socket, which can be pretty troublesome.

1 Like

ended up flat on my face the one time I did that

1 Like

I just tried to do a few

sweet mother of @yran thats hard
did it though

3 Likes

What are clap pushups?

I may or may not do these, depends on if they are what I think they are.

Ah.

Yes, I can do those. And I can clap twice in a row if I’m not too tired that day.

Say, do any of you take any protein whey?

I do!

How many times a day, in what doses, and when?

@MagiKarp_Splashes, I think this is the place for you buddy. :wink:

1 Like

I think you’re right.

Surprised this topic was not more active… :stuck_out_tongue:

Though yeah, my main source of workouts is power walking. At the moment its mostly doing a lot of that in order to get thinner before i join a gym or start trying to get more muscly/toned again.

1 Like