Worst/ Most Dissapointing Films of 2016

Pretty self explanatory.

I didn’t see many films this year but Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad, while not dreadful, did leave some things to be desired.

6 Likes

I’ve already stated it on the boards many times, but Suicide Squad was definitely the biggest disappointment of this year. I honestly hated it, the whole movie felt like a bunch of commercials slapped together on Windows Movie Maker.

4 Likes

Rouge One.

[spoiler] Really, it is Batman Vs Superman. I really hoped this movie would have been good, I really did, but with the numerous subplots, strange tone, slow pacing and the inclusion of Wonder woman and Doomsday because money was pointless.

This movie had a lot of potential but wasted it by trying too hard to establish a cinematic universe, something Suicide Squad suffered from as well.[/spoiler]

6 Likes

Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad Duhhhhhhhhh.

2 Likes

Batman vs Superman just sucked. Period.

1 Like

Worst Movies, probably BvS or Suicide Squad.
Most dissapointing? Probably Civil War.

We already knew DC films were bad, and the only thing which could happen was to raise the bar, but with Civil War, we were hoping for a Civil War scale event, where the heroes across the planet split and fought each other for various reasons, and instead we got another bland captain america film.

2 Likes
  1. Batman V. Superman
  2. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
  3. Suicide Squad

There are probably more but idk.

u wot m8?

6 Likes

Not unenjoyable, but not a ‘Civil War,’ hence the disappointment.

We[quote=“Doremarpool, post:6, topic:31700”]
We already knew DC films were bad,
[/quote]

I beg your padon?

He’s referring to the latest DC cinematic universe, which the awesome dark knight trilogy does not belong to.
Also, man of steel is not very widely liked. I personally was not a fan.
Suicide squad was painfully disappointing, and I had rather low expectations.

4 Likes

Please replace Man of Steel with this:

Man of Steel sucks.

4 Likes

Batman vs Superman

expected nothing and was somehow still let down

just that to be honest, the movies I’ve seen this year have been pretty good for the most part, I haven’t actually watched Suicide Squad

2 Likes

Only the two Batman movies are good, dude.

2 Likes

He’s talking about the DCEU films, not Nolan’s trilogy.

I saw Man of Steel a while ago and liked it, but looking back it’s kind of meh for me, I need to rewatch that. It definitely isn’t in the same league as The Dark Knight Trilogy.

4 Likes

Captain America: Civil War, they botched the ideology conflicts in favour of a cookie cutter villain to distract from the actual conflict the movie should have been all about.

It isnt a bad movie, but it is disappointing.

The second I would add is the Warcraft movie, man does it not do the universe justice (down the the incredibly boring main character from Vikings that killed the enjoyment, to the non CGI humans, to the weird plot passing). I cant believe I want more CGI Orcs instead of Humans, they are what made the movie at least enjoyable at some points. How was it so hard to recreate what made the WoW trailers so amazing, the formula was right there.

(Of course Batman VS Superman was a dissapointment but everyone is talking about it so I added the above instead).

2 Likes

Yeah. The Zach Snyder movies, the Nolan Trilogy is probably still the best comic book film series in general.

2 Likes

Here’s my list of least favorite films.

• Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • The Angry Birds Movie
  • X-Men: Apocalypse

If a movie has awful reviews I usually don’t see it. I saw Apocalypse expecting it to be decent. But it wasn’t very good.

2 Likes

But Zemo’s one of the best villains in the MCU. He tore the Avengers apart and didn’t even have to fight.

1 Like

@king328
@Chronicler
@Invader
@OraNui

Oh. I thought he meant DC as a whole. I feel stupid now. And i thought Man of Steel was liked more. Oh well. Sorry @Doremarpool

2 Likes

No worries! Yeah, I was referring to DC’s attempt to catch up to marvel. Too much, too quick, leads to the poor films we have now.