Worst/ Most Dissapointing Films of 2016

coughsuicide squadcough

2 Likes

I mean, it’s the best of the DCEU.

That’s not saying much.

4 Likes

Missing the point. It should not have been a role of a random villain to do that, it should have been the role of the entire avengers crew, actually make a morally grey situation where we question the actions of our characters, instead of something so obviously black and white (oh they were influenced by a villain, thats bad).

1 Like

I dunno, Tony seemed pretty darn villainous to me in that film. Cap, not so much.

1 Like

Man of Steel is the “Revenge of the Sith” of the DCEU. It’s the best one. By default.

Hands down, suicide squad was the worst.

But BvS.

BvS had some good parts, and an interesting ending.
Suicide squad had nothing going for it, not even the joker, who happens to be my favorite comic book villain of all time

You don’t kill Superman and then bring him back ten minutes later.

4 Likes

I guess you’re right.

2 Likes

Both Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad are terrible movies no doubt about it. I kind of flip flop on which one I think is worse. BvS was so convoluted it drove me up the wall, not to mention it’s dark tone seemed very forced. Batman and Superman’s motivations for fighting were both ridiculous, and of course, the Martha scene and that ending legit make me angry.

Suicide Squad was also bad, possibly worse, but in a different sort of way. This is one of the few movies I’ve seen that seems to take the fundamentals of films and really take them for granted. In BvS, there were about a million things going on and they are very poorly explained. In SS, it’s almost the exact opposite. There’s very little happening, and though it’s not hard to understand, it’s filled with a lot of random stuff that has no meaning, it’s arguably not really a movie.

When it comes down to it, it’s a competition between a really terrible movie and something that resembles a movie but barely counts as one. Choosing one or the other makes me want to die.

2 Likes

I would argue here, they needed one movie and only really have the adventures as a different company owns the X-men and mutants. Plus something Civil War scale would need
Mutants like the original and would take a couple of movies to do on that scale, during this time they have other movies which feature black Panther and such. They movies would stop being coheasive with each other all due to the Civil War trilogy is what I will call it, or multiple Civil War movies. We still got awsome fight sequences and captain america’s had charater growth plus we are getting more spider man movies and a Black Panther Movie.

Basically none. I’ve yet to have seen B vs S or Suicide Squad, and really the only two movies I watched were Civil War and Rogue One, two of my favorite movies, so yeah.