Worst/most pointless characters?

Gold good guy is actually turaga lhikan according to greg farshtey.
He still is a bad set though

1 Like

Oh I understood.

I’m just tired of this joke about the good guys.

Toa Mata Nui was the most pointless character because he isn’t even part of the story. His only purpose was to introduce an exclusive set into the aftermarket that nerds would pay astronomically large piles of cash for.

4 Likes

You can trash talk him in the worst sets section, Toa Mata Nui was just a set. He didn’t have any persona or such due to him being non-canon, therefore making him not a character.

1 Like

The fanfic Battle for Spherus Magna actually deals with this issue in a very clever way, by making “Toa Mata Nui” a new body/character, separate from the story portrayal of Mata Nui.

3 Likes

And here’s another- Nivawk.

All Nivawk EVER did in the ENTIRE story was tell Teridax about the Toa Metru’s transformation (which he already KNEW was going to happen when he planted their names into Lhikan’s head), report on Nidhiki and Krekka’s battle with Vakama, Nokama, and Matau on the airship, and later their break-in into Lhikan’s prison; Both of which are easily done with generic Vahki, or some other plot device.

Point in case- Nivawk was a plot device, but even WORSE than the regular one, because his function in the story was so pointless (due to how few things he did, and how little importance these acts had) that his ONLY actions and prevalence in the story is to just BE there when something happens.

All Nivawk really did was just fill in a space for the Titan sets of 2004 and add wings to Teridax in the movie that just made people confused (unless they read Time Trap).

Also, I just realized that this WHOLE topic is basically dissing several characters’ meaning and existence.

Edited for double-post. If you’re confused about what that means, please take a look in here. --John Smith

4 Likes

Umbrella Umbra. The set is, at the very best, a parts pack, but being a mediocre set isn’t that bad on its own. What always bothered me, though, was how shoehorned into the story he felt. He had roller skates permanently attached to his feet in a world where transport carriages walk on spider legs. His name was unnecessarily counterintuitive. It was also taken from Latin and yet it was a part of the Matoran language, not the Agori language. I know the naming convention in 2006 was all over the place anyway and they probably didn’t have 2009 planned out back then but the point still stands. What’s more, Umbra’s role in the story was nothing more than a boss fight on the Toa Inika’s way to the Ignika.

4 Likes

Oh, gotcha.

I came up with a pointless one. Bone Hunters.

I swear they were really just added to give the Skrall a midget to sacrifice in the Glatorian game. They were originally from the rock tribe apparently, which is just another stupid dirt based Glatorian tribe most likely made up for a reason I’ll state later. They then became Bone Hunters because they wanted to be special snowflakes and ended up looking like Skrall anyways? Not to mention that they end up teaming with them. Coincidence? I think not. They probably even only gave them the story of originally being Agori just because all the other midgets in the game were that. I would rather that they released two Ice tribe members, some random guy and Metus, so that Metus could be for the Skrall since he was the traitor. At least Metus wasn’t added just to be a midget for a game. The Bone Hunters, are just tools.

3 Likes

Toys are developed before story, so they probably just wanted to make a giant dragon-like animal with a rider, and made said rider black because it’s the generic villain color. Not sure why Greg didn’t simply call it a Rock Agori and be done with it, but whatever…

Gafna and Burnakk!

1 Like

Those are both Rhak species. Not specific characters…

Totally the gold good guy. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: And, apparently everybody else has already made this joke. So nevermind.

No, for realsies though, probably Metus. It wasn’t like his betrayal did that much for the Skrall, or that his working with the Skrall did that much to hurt the Agori. It wasn’t anything the Skrall couldn’t have done themselves.

Mantax.

All the other Barraki were memorable.

2 Likes

“I have no friends, only enemies I haven’t killed yet.”

2 Likes

perditus, by far

Hey, man, he was an important test for Project Denmark. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What do you mean?

Reviving Bionicle 2: The Squeakel

Look it up and watch it

Eljay would say Good Guy.

I wouldn´t say Good Guy to avoid being cheap.