Worst/most pointless characters?

Inb4 Good Guy.

But he’s not pointless, Reviving Bionicle proved it…even though he’s not canon…:stuck_out_tongue:

The Klaak, I’d say. They needed an ex-machina to undo their improper color scheme choices with Takanuva 08, as if they hadn’t then he easily could have reverted the Shadow Matoran back to Av-Matoran.

6 Likes

Inb4 this guy

1 Like

I don’t think Jaller ever owned the Gukko. Also his name is Ka.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was referring to the Gukko that he was associated with in MoL.

What’s the source on the name? I’ve never heard that before.

It’s what BS01 says.

1 Like

Sidorak was a pretty pointless addition. They made it SO blindingly obvious that he was just a puppet to Roodaka in ALL forms of media- In the websites, the comics, the books, movies, etc. At that point, you might’ve wondered why they didn’t just cut through all of the pointless crud (both in and out-universe, too) and have Roodaka take out Sidorak. Even now, I struggle to imagine why she even kept him alive in the first place…

I also feel that most of the Voyatoran were all-in-all pointless, save for the fact that we needed an actual native from Voya Nui to give us perspective on the place. Same goes for the Mahritoran, with the exception of Dekar, of course.

2 Likes

I reckon it has to be Nehktann (correct me if I spelled his name wrong) He Just was never really that interesting (not just because he’s a 210 set).

1 Like

I think she wouldn’t have been able to do it herself, or the Horde would have turned on her for treachery. The Web of Shadows novelization, I think, says that the Visorak were well aware that it was because of her that Keetongu killed Sidorak, but they couldn’t do anything about it until Vakama ordered them to disband— at which point they instantly left without attacking the Toa just to spite Roodaka.

2 Likes

I’m not sure which character is the worst of all, but most of the Dark Hunters mentioned in the encyclopedia/BS01 held little to no story relevance. These guys are mostly filler as BIONICLE went on.

3 Likes

I actually would’ve liked to see more of the Dark Hunter’s have story relevance. Some of them were really interesting.

2 Likes

Everyone forgets that Sidorak was the owner of the Visorak Horde. If Roodaka got rid of Sidorak without another horde leader the Visorak would probably have a mind of their own. That’s why she got Vakama to replace Sidorak: she needed someone even easier to manipulate. After all, Sidorak could still tell what Roodaka was doing.

4 Likes

Yet it was implied that the Visorak blindly obey her out of fear in the movie. I don’t think she needed anyone else.

Do note that since Vakama was put in charge of the Horde, they downright disobeyed Roodaka and preferred their freedom. If Sidorak did the same thing (even though he wouldn’t), they probably would have done the same thing.

Roodaka only ruled by fear, but she wasn’t the true leader.

1 Like

Umbra

he literally showed up for 5 minutes and never showed up ever again

7 Likes

I suppose Roodaka was just a fearmongering Dictator while Sidorak was the… uh, more appealing commander. - I think I get where you’re coming from.

2 Likes

Touche. I suppose I should reiterate my point- In that, as mentioned on the podcast, if we’re going to have a puppet figure, it should be convincing both in and out-universe. It always begged me how flimsily they did Sidorak as a whole that it’s hard to tell why he wasn’t even killed off initially. Kind of wish Greg got the chance to flesh the guy out more and play up the whole dynamic, of him being a weaker but all-in-all less psychotic and murderous leader, which for the Visorak was far better than Roodaka.

Umbra is the definition of filler. No story arc, no reason to exist.

6 Likes

Even his “signature” quote pretty much proves his lack of character and importance :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Not sure if it counts, but: Irnakk.

~W12~

The Protodax were even worse than Umbra. They only really appeared to be dangerous and powerful, but before any real conflict could happen, they’re instantly disintegrated by Umbra, because only he can deal with sentient intruders, or whatever.

4 Likes