Xev's amateur art

I’ve delayed making a topic here for quite the while but today I figured I may as well go ahead and do it.

Prepare for low quality work:

17 Likes

###TARKUS

TARKUS

#TARKUS

Nice work, I like the Iron Golem sketch. You’ve certainly got clean lines down, now on to proportions!

3 Likes

My dude, low quality work this is not!

These are really cool, I wish they weren’t sideways! The lines are so clean and your style looks really awesome!

Nice work, please keep it up!

2 Likes

only complain wouls be how skinny 0299’s body is compared to the armor

2 Likes

In that case it’s my rendering of the character from a reference photo.

This guy:

His skinniness makes sense in context but I wont spoil said context as it’s an awesome part of the Dark Souls 3 story.

All of the things I’ve posted here are based on dark souls because I’ve mostly been drawing stuff from that series recently.

1 Like

New stuff, not sure why it flips on the side because in every software besides the boards themselves they look fine, exception is the Artorias below because that one is inexplicably flipped by my phone every time I retake the photo.

3 Likes

You’re improving pretty fast! The only things I’d fix are Gwyn’s eyes and Artorias’s fingers.

3 Likes

These look really awesome!

If you’re using a phone, try taking the pictures vertically. Or maybe scan them onto a computer if you can.

3 Likes

You say these are low quality but the lines and style are strong and clear! Really nice stuff here, and the two lower down. I’d like to see what you can do with a proper undead form, I feel your style would fit some kind of skeleton warrior? Dunno.
I see you have the sideways problem too. I was told to save the images in paint (or your phones equivalent) and then upload those photos, it works.

1 Like

Whats with all the dark souls stuff so far

(not that i’m complaining)

1 Like

I just like it,

That’s my recent thing, I draw plenty of stuff but all the stuff that I felt was worth being uploaded here has been DS.

Okay

(OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE!)

1 Like

Alright Velstadt,

This dude has shoulders to make a space marine proud.

It’s not perfect however… (yes he was no feet)

And a quick and dirty Abyss sketch

3 Likes

Noice. I feel as though Velstadt may feel a little cramped in that helmet though.

1 Like

I attempted to add some depth to this one, (admittedly not that great)

And I failed hard with the Ruin Knight’s shield

2 Likes

Which is unfortunate, as it seems to be one of the first things which attracts viewer attention. Keep practicing on that perspective! A good tip to know is that the horizon (or vanishing point) is level with where the “vision” of the viewer would be (if that makes any sense).

1 Like

And here’s Looking Glass Knight, I never finished the background because honestly I didn’t like where I was going with it.

1 Like

I feel his head is a little small, other than that pretty good work.

I have a habit of making them too large so I’ve been overcompensating a bit.

2 Likes