"You know you're a BIONICLE fan when ______"

Well, I say Bonkle and Ninyago in jest…so I dunno.

4 Likes

Hehe, good one

11 Likes

YKYABFW you read an add for Verizon, but you read it as Vezon.

4 Likes

I hate Verizon they shut down Vessel. I guess they really are Vezon.

7 Likes

Wait, really?

1 Like

YKYABFW you’re [writing an academic paper on it] (Rockho writes an essay on Bionicle - #6 by Rockho) when tasked with describing the struggles between commerce and creativity

3 Likes

Yup

3 Likes

Wow. So much for obligatory plugs at the start of a podcast. I never even got to try it out.

1 Like

Should have listened to Eljay when you had the chance, Little Johnny. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

YKYABF when you seriously can’t decide whether to get the last of the G2 sets or some G1 sets off of Bricklink.
Help me.

4 Likes

Depends on the sets and what parts you want.

I’d personally lean on more G1, though. Only thing I want from 2016 summer is Ekimu. I mean, you could get UTD… Or you could get a G1 Warrior/Titan which are normally just better. Things like Brutaka, or Maxilos, or Hydraxon.

1 Like

Was thinking of getting the Mistika/ Phantoka makuta, actually :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If you’re getting Makuta from '08 I would recommend getting Antroz or Krika. Just make sure the joints aren’t too cracked.

1 Like

Those are cool sets. Gorast’s a bit naff and Antroz is skinny, but the others are good. Bitil looks really nice if you don’t get super-salty about him using a Kardatoran torso. Vamprah’s really good, Krika is awesome, Chirox is decent, and Icarax is a great figure.

Speaking of Icarax… We know that sets are often designed before their story roles are worked out. The figure exists and a character and personality are assigned later. For example, figures that were designed as Dume and Nidhiki became Norik and Iruni.

Do you think Icarax could’ve been initially intended to be a new body of the Makuta we’re all familiar with? The leader of the Brotherhood rather than some new guy that happened to have got his hands on the same mask?

3 Likes

Oh yeah, Icarax would have made a really good updated Makuta.
Thanks for the advice! I’m placing orders as we speak.

2 Likes

Maybe Teridax possessing Icarax in the Kingdom timeline was a nod to that.

2 Likes

Maybe we should ask Greg :stuck_out_tongue:
/s
Seriously though, that would be pretty cool.

1 Like

YKYABFW you’re going over your vocab in Spanish class, and one of the words is Va, and the first thing that comes to mind, is one of these little guys.

10 Likes

YKYABFW you make bionicle references knowing full well your friends won’t understand them
######Ayyy 1000th post

10 Likes

Ayyyyyyy! Good job.

YKYABFW you bring it up just about everywhere you possibly can, and try to get others to like it.

1 Like