Your Original G2 Reactions. (Or Friends Original G2 Reactions)

What was your first reaction to G2. Specifically the different genres of G2. Like what was you first reaction to the original leaks, to the books, or the Netflix series, or G2’s cancellation. What your friends reactions? Etc…

I’ll go first with a couple of my friends reactions to G2.

I have a friend who I got to read the original G1 Bionicle books.
I gave him the first of the G2 books to look at as a joke.
First words out of his mouth, “What happened to the words. There so…big. Why did you buy this?”
“I…I thought it was going to be good…”

Netflix reactions from an eight year old boy.

Kid:“Oh yea, I watched it on Netflix. It was good”

Me: “Did it remind you in any way of care bears?”

Kid: Stares at me for a little bit, “Kinda, yea.”

7 Likes

When I first saw the ad format G2 on the back of my November 2014 Lego magazine, I remember looking at it for a second, without recognizing what it was, until I saw the logo in the corner, at which point I yelled OH MY GOD BIONICLE’S ACTUALLY BACK! My family looked at me a little funny.

My other reaction was one morning, I wake up and check the MB, as usual. Then I see the banner at the top of the screen. I wasn’t angry, or sad, I was just in silent disbelief. Kind of a crappy way to start the day.

2 Likes

I threw out all of my story plans for 2015 and began to anticipate BIONICLE’s return.

I felt like dancing after seeing the official announcement.

4 Likes

this

10 Likes

I went to the bathroom. Then, I cried.

7 Likes

I believe it went something like this.

First I was like:

Then I was like:

15 Likes

First I did,

1. YESSS!

then I went and
2. YESSS!

and finally,
3: YESSS!

9 Likes

Well I basically just sat there smiled for a minute then starting watching a Youtube video.

8 Likes

“Wow, what a surprise! I’m sure glad there haven’t been any leaks or suspiciously named countdown photos to spoil it!” xD

5 Likes

After the colored pic, I’m like: "It’s really coming back? It’s really coming back! IT’S REALLY COMING BACK! YES!

3 Likes

I went from Half Asleep, to HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

4 Likes

At 0:24 - 0:30

1 Like

First, I was like, “Oh my!”.

Then, I was like,

ZOMG ALL ABOARD TEH HYPE TRAINZ!!!11!1!one!11!!!

1 Like

I was in class looking at my instagram feed, and I saw it posted like a minute ago and I had to bite my jacket to keep from screaming. My teacher asked me wtf I was doing, and I just shook my head. during passing period I looked like an idiot because I screamed into my coat for like the whole time.

So yeah… you might say I was excited…

7 Likes

Where’s the kermit gif… That’s pretty much it

When I heard Bionicle was coming back I basically did what every Bionicle fan did…celebrate.

WELL, for the sake of history…

-When the initial set image was released (the one that got removed everywhere to protect Highly Suspect) we all thought it was hilariously fake because we thought Onua looked like Piruk and Fire Protector looked like Tanma.
-When the black and white display got released we were more willing to believe, but still incredibly skeptical. Once we talked to Highly Suspect, we were convinced.
-When we got set names, we were very skeptical of their validity due to translations.
-When we got the colored display, we were even more convinced.
-When the mask leaked, we were intrigued.
-When the set pictures leaked, we were ecstatic.
-When it was announced, the group collectively disembarked the hype train and boarded the hype plane. DESTINATION: NYCC.

-Mesonak

21 Likes

^^ And that, my dear friends, was a brief summary of the last few months of the TTV channel. Watch up :wink:

8 Likes

So at first I was like: HYPPPPEEEEEE!

But that was when I had just seen the video title. Then I watched the video and I was like: SALTED HYPPPPPEEEE!

And then when we got set names I was like: ELJAY IN BIONICLEEEEEEE!!!

And then we got the mask image and I was like: KANOHI TRAINUS MASK OF HYPPEEEEEE!!!

And then we got set images and I was just like :[________]

And then they confirmed it and I already knew what was going on so I just laughed for two minutes straight.