Your thoughts on a stand alone Bionicle movie

There has been a lot of talk of Bionicle possibly working as a spinoff movie, similar to the upcoming Ninjago movie. Although I don’t think this will likely happen, I was wondering what you guys would want from the movie and sets, if the movie actually existed. I was thinking set-wise, it could be minifigure scaled with several larger characters (for example Metalbeard, Clayface, etc). Most of the sets would probably be locations with a few vehicle sets as well. Maybe. But those are just my thoughts. Please feel free to share yours. I’m very curious as to what anyone else thinks about this, and what things they would add/change to the Bionicle universe.

7 Likes

I’d love a LEGO Bionicle movie because, if TLM and TLBM are anything to go by, LEGO would do it right. I don’t really have any thoughts on the story. For the sets, I think system based Bionicle would be interesting, but I’d look forward to them because LEGO’s own movies tend to have great sets.

5 Likes

If Bionicle ever gets a G3, this would be a cool way to market it.

3 Likes

If this would happen, I am sure that the action would be on Mata Nui or on Okoto.

2 Likes

I want this so bad, it really should have been made instead of Journey to Done. Hopefully the guy from the 2015 animations doesn’t voice all of the characters in the movie

3 Likes

I’ve actually wanted a BIONICLE movie in the style of a LEGO movie for a long time now. I’d imagine it in System, though.

3 Likes

Really unsure about how the Lego Movie style comedy would work in Bionicle though…

1 Like

I guess there could be exaggerated personalities, as well as silly mask powers. It could still be funny and stupid, but not as funny and stupid.

2 Likes

Way back when, during G1, we had some talks about a big-screen movie. But it always turned into, “There are these kids and they get sucked into the BIONICLE world and go on adventures with the Toa,” and nobody involved with the line wanted to do that.

16 Likes

You guys made the right desicion IMO. I can only see a live action Bionicle film going horribly.

9 Likes

Honestly, I’d love to see that as these films that have followed in LEGO Movie’s footsteps have basically been LEGO making fun of the thing the movie’s on and themselves while keeping a happy theme and a good message for the whole family. I would laugh at all the tropes they’d poke fun at if they did this.

2 Likes

I remember Greg saying he wouldn’t be up for the idea of Bionicle in The LEGO Movie because of the strict rule they had that they wouldn’t make fun of Bionicle while it was running, as to not detract from the epic feeling of it. Maybe hypothetically if there was a G3, was popular enough like Ninjago to warrant a movie and LEGO movies would still be a successful thing at that time, the iteration could be its own thing that tonally separates itself from its predecessors, thus fitting the LEGO movies more?

1 Like

I think you could get ten great movies just by doing G1
1- Toa vs Makuta (events in comics and MNOG)
2- Toa vs Bohrok and Bohrak Kal (transition into Nuva half way thru)
3- Nuva vs Rahkshi and Makuta rematch (basically a remake of MoL)
4- Metru vs Vahki (remake of LoMN)
5- Metru vs Visorak (remake of Web of Shadows)
6- Inika vs Piraka (with Nuva cameos in beginning and end)
7- Mahri vs Barrakki (prologue scene where Teridax is going to kill them before they are thrown into the pit)
8-Phantoka and Mistika in the swamp (That ending tho…)
9- Bara Magna + Mata Nui arrives (remake of Legend Reborn)
10- Finale movie (complete with epic battle scene where Teridax dies)

OR

Prequel movie
Hydraxon has been sent to awaken the Toa Mata early because something from outside the GSR universe has got in, and its killing people. The Mata have to stop it. Basically an action/slasher film starring the original heroes with cool cameos.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s pretty cool there.

1 Like

Those are some really good ideas, all of them could definitely work, but, it wouldn’t have to be tied down to the true story of Bionicle. For instance, the Ninjago movie does not seem to be tied down to the storyline in the show. The Batman movie did have a very unique plot as well. If this were a thing, it could follow it’s own plot as well as introduce new characters and villains. However, I’m not saying all your ideas couldn’t work. All your ideas are great and could work out in the Lego movie format. I’m just saying that it doesn’t have to be tied to the original plot of Bionicle.

2 Likes

You mean Bionicle: Rebirth Chronicles?

1 Like

If you know the folks who made that, I’d like to say that I loved it. It was a fun retelling of the Toa’s adventures and wish it would come back as I really wanna see how the story would’ve unfolded.

Sorry, don’t know what you’re referring to.

3 Likes

If you have 11 minutes of spare time here’s the 1st episode

This gentleman was referring to a fan project that followed the Toa Mata adventures with, what I think, an interesting twist. I’d recommend watching it as it is a fun take and spin on that part of the story. They left off on the introduction of the Bohrok Kal. On an unrelated note, how are you doing?