Your top 10 villains of all time

the ones from attack on titan

1. The Robbie Rottens
  2. The Senate
  3. Makuta
  4. The Green Goblin
  5. GLaDOS
  6. Ganondorf and Bowser (they get to share)
  7. Gollum
  8. Two-Face
  9. Starscream
  10. Doctor Doom
7 Likes

So yes, I am the only one who like The Beast…

Well, you should specify then.

1 Like

there is something I can get behind

1 Like

In no particular order:

1. Gray Mann (Team Fortress 2). His genius is only rivaled by his stupidity, yet they blend together wonderfully.

2. General Grievous (Star Wars). Who doesn’t like an acrobatic-four-armed-sword-wielding-strategist who kills telepathic space wizards for fun?

3. Wile E. Coyote (Looney Tunes). Gray Mann but far more comical, the voice seals the deal.

4. GLaDOS (Portal). Homicidal AI’s are always great.

5. Morgoth (Lord of the Rings). For context, he was the first dark lord, and he pretty much annihilated an entire race of powerful elves. Not to mention he was served by the Balrogs and giant dragons (You thought Smaug was big? Search up Ancalagon the Black), AND he destroyed the main sources of light in the world. Need I say more?

6. Click (The Property of Hate). Mainly for the creepy design.

7. Envy (Full Metal Alchemist). I would’ve put down Lust, but Envy can be so deliciously evil and manipulating. still won’t forgive him for killing Hughes tho

8. The Barraki (I wonder). One of the main reasons why I liked these guys is their backstory (and actually having a good reason for obtaining the Mask of Life). Not to mention their clashing personalities constantly trying to use or backstab each other yet maintaining a shaky alliance. Pulled it off better than the Piraka IMO.

9. Seath (Dark Souls). Although technically not a villain despite going crazy and doing incredibly immoral stuff later, when you think about it, just about everything happened just because Seath wasn’t born with those precious immortality-granting scales.

10. Trusty Patches (Dark Souls). Trust is in his name, so you can trust him, right?

11. Aku (Samurai Jack). Probably the best way to write a comical villain: one minute ravaging a city and killing thousands for the sake of his own pleasure, the next breaking the fourth wall by talking about the general pattern of Saturday-morning cartoons.

3 Likes

Not necessarily in the order shown.

1. Sauron – The villain that turns one against himself. Able to defeat an entire nation just by his influence. The villain of the mind and soul.
  2. Makuta – The villain that orchestrates even the heros to fulfill his plans. Able to take control of his universe. The villain mastermind.
  3. Unicron – The villain that devours planets and enslaves minds.
  4. Boba Fett – The mysterious villain.
  5. General Grievous – The villain who has outmatched Jedi without the force.
  6. Doctor Doom – The villain who has the power to conquer the world but is doomed to fail due to his arrogance.
  7. the Lich King –
  8. the Witch King – Greatest of the Nazgul of Sauron, has the power to destroy a Maiar’s staff and can only be killed by a woman.
  9. Smaug –
  10. the Balrog – Made of fire and shadow only a being of equal/greater power can defeat.

no order

Darth Vader
IDW Megatron
Thrawn
Kylo Ren
Sauron
Makuta
The Covenant (the whole faction)
Harbinger (The Reaper)
Felix (red vs blue)
Ultron

3 Likes

Facebook

2 Likes
  1. Darth Vader. I love star wars so I love Darth Vader.
  2. Grand Admiral Thrawn. Do I have to explain?
  3. Makuta Teridax. I love convoluted plans and Teridax is the king of them.
  4. Wood Man/Robbie Rotten. If you have seen Siivagunner’s Christmas Comeback Crisis you will know why.
  5. King Dedede. I’M GONNA CLOBBA DAT DERE KIRBEH!!!
  6. Darth Maul. That psychopath is one crazy nerf -herder.
  7. Raoh the Conquerer. The Fist of The North Star os awesome and so is this character.
  8. Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?
  9. The Grandmaster. Ooh boy COTS is going to be fun.
  10. Whoever that Inspector Gadget robot is from siivagunner’s ccc is.
1 Like

10) Luasmine(Pokémon s&m): evil pretty lady trope pushes all my buttons.
9) Godzilla(1954): the allegory for nuclear destruction and the post-WWII context of the movie’s production make this one of my favorite enturpritatuons of the character.
8) karzahni(Galidor): im not to familiar with the 06-07 storyline but the idea of an artist blaming his tools for there own imperfections as Greg described him is a really cool character idea and makes him more than just evil because why not.
7) The Alien(Alien 1979): the embodiment of sheer terror executed masterfully in this brilliant icon of the horror genre.
6) Peridot(Steven Universe): defenetly stretching here because but she was a villain at one point and I’m running out of ideas. The Peredemption arc is one of my favorite in the series and makes her into a great character with great development.
5) My crippling depression.
4) Satsuki Kiryuin(Kill La Kill): I instantly fell in love with this character’s personality and charisma, and spoilers her turn from villain to hero in episode 17 was an awesome moment and completely caught me off guard, but it only made me like her more.
3) idk this list was hard.
2) Gore Magala(mh4u): the rivalry between Gore and the player feels so organic and natural, even without either character speaking once.
1) Yoshikage Kira(JoJo DIU): A charismatic character with a twisted spin. I especially really like how when he was first introduced (the quest for the hand sandwich), he spent most of the episode trying to get himself out of a problem (hand sandwich), and watching this character solve problems that they created gives the audience an impression of how intelligent he is, which made him much more interesting to watch and interact with the protagonists.
Honorable mention: tossup between Strength, dead master, or Black gold saw(BRS): I really wanted to put one of these characters on the list but it’s been so long since I’ve seen the anime or ova in so long that I can’t remember anything about them other than there designs (which are absolutely amazing btw) and a few other things here and there.

1 Like

In no particular order I really like The Joker, Darth Vader, Voldemort, Kylo Ren, Aku from Samurai Jack, Sephiroth from FFVII, and pretty much all the homunculi from Fullmetal Alchemist.

I’d have to give number one to Johan Liebert from Monster though, I think almost anyone who has seen it will agree he’s probably the best villain ever.

1 Like

I replace Mad Mod with Music Meister, and Music Meister with Lotso hugging bear.

1 Like

not really in order
joker
DIO brando
meruem
dr doom
aku
king dedede
krika
edg- reaper
team rocket’s meowth
handsome jack

1 Like

Oh this will be a tough one…
10) General Grievous (Star Wars)
Cool-as-heck design, curb-stomped like a boss in the 2005(?) Animated Series, but severely limited in the films and CGI series. Neat backstory as well.

9) Davy Jones (Pirates of the Caribbean)
Awesome design, and was an interesting villain. Wish he had more screen time. (though if the ending of 5 is anything to go by…) Bonus points for playing his own theme on organ.

8) Ragyo Kiryuin (Kill la Kill)
Just for the fact that every time she was on screen I prayed for her to get brutally massacred. Stupid rainbow-haired genocidal maniac. And also abusive mother. Hate you so much Ragyo…

7) Sauron (Lord of the Rings)
Just good ol’ fashioned dark evil force. Bonus points for literally just being a huge tower with a flaming eye on it.

6) Tricky the Clown (Madness Combat)
Oh my god this clown. Psychopathic mayhem machine with the ability to bend the laws of reality at his whim. Also a zombie. Who also becomes a giant flaming demon. He also was a DJ at some point. Man this series was weird.

5) Aku (Samurai Jack)
One of the best Cartoon Network villains ever made. Both comedic and terrifying, his presence was just as important as Jack’s. With Mako Iwamatsu’s phenomenal voice-acting, Aku really cemented himself as one the top cartoon villains. Bonus points for meme material.

4) GLaDOS (Portal 1+2)
Corrupted supercomputer with an itch to run tests and a sarcasm level of over 9000. Made almost all the memorable moments in this franchise’s history. For science… you monster.

3) Ramsay Bolton (Game of Thrones)

…You know why he’s here.

2) Griffith (Berserk)
Charming leader of the Band of the Hawk. Betrays all of his fellow friends and soldiers to a horrible massacre as he ascends to become one of the demonic God Hand. Does really… really… bad stuff. Yet, he saves the kingdom of Midland from invasion by an even worse scumbag, unites humans with Apostles, and creates an overall peaceful society…
So is he really a bad guy in the bigger picture?

Yes he still did horrible stuff so I wait anxiously for Guts to take revenge.

1) Yoshikage Kira (Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure; Diamond is Unbreakable)
Ohhhh he’s such a good villain. No ambitions, no schemes or hunger for power. He just wants to live a quiet life. And also kill women, steal their hands and… yeah.
Why he’s number one for me is that I was actually able to connect to his character. (Minus the murdering and the hand obsession)
The idea of just wanting to be left alone by society, to live a stress-free life and be able to do whatever you wanted at your leisure; it’s not too far-fetched for most people to want that. So while he’s a terrible human being and deserves his fate in the end, part of me got really invested in him as he attempted to maintain his tranquil routine, or tried to replace Kosaku later on (and maybe even begin to feel things for Shinobu? OOOOOOH).
Bonus points for looking like David Bowie, having a cat-man ghost named after Queen songs blow stuff up, and having an awesome fashion sense. Seriously, I have no regrets buying the Killer Queen ties. :smiling_imp:

Honorable mention goes to Dio Brando/DIO/Diego Brando/Heaven Ascension DIO.
Because it’s Dio.

2 Likes

In no particular order

1. Sauron
  2. Palpatine
  3. Oryx
  4. Megatron
  5. Karzhani
  6. Alduin
    I only have 6…
1 Like

I anxiously wait for the next issue… coming out in December…

Yes

I just need a reason to wear ties…

1 Like
  1. Rene Belloq
  2. Makuta Teridax
  3. Diesel 10
  4. Davros
  5. Mecha One
  6. GLaDOS
  7. Mayor O’Hare
  8. Joker
  9. Commander Hypaxxus
  10. Sheev
1 Like
  1. The Shadowed one
  2. Teridax
  3. Kane (Command & Conquer)
  4. The Oldtimers (Anne McCaffery’s Dragonriders of Pern)
  5. Deisel 10 (Thomas the Tank Engine)
  6. Mecha One (Exo-Force)
  7. Queen Levana (Lunar Chronicles)
  8. GLaDOS (Portal)
  9. Granta Omega (Star Wars books by Jude Watson)
  10. Galbatorix (Inheritance cycle)
1 Like

No particular order
Ra’s Al Gul (only really familiar with dark knight trilogy version, but if he appears in arrow I’ll see that version too)
The Senate
Deathstroke (only familiar with arrow, and only up to the season 2 finale)
Vader
Green Goblin (Raimi. Though I’m not opposed to TASM Goblin)
Mal (Inception)
The family from Knives Out
The Matrix
The Darkness (Great way to have all destiny villains but Uldren is my favorite so far, followed closely by Ghaul. Haven’t played the D1 DLC)
And the obligatory Joker