YouTube Discussion Topic

I doubt it. YouTube is practically a monopoly and even if all the people who care for situations like this left, a larger group of careless people will stay and YouTube will continue to profit.

The tons of viewers just using it for mindless entertainment is much greater than the ones who like to watch it for thought-inducing entertainment. Even if that group left people would fill in the group and YouTube wouldn’t have to worry.

All-in-all, an internet “strike” wouldn’t do anything. The leaders of huge channels needs to call out to YouTube and challenge their authority.

3 Likes

If pewdipie was to address this issue in any way it would really make an example. Meh, unlikely but we can dream right?
All I want is Cronks quest to be the best become the next trend hahaha

1 Like

Enjoy it before it gets taken down for copyright infringement or something like that.

Oh of course it would, because he’s the biggest money maker on youtube. However, I doubt he would do that because he’s probably too focused on his career as a video maker.

3 Likes

I’m ashamed of humanity.

No I don’t think this will ever happen. It’s pointless to dream about.

But maybe one day Vessel will become a threat to youtube.

Just like it was pointless to dream about bionicles return? Hue.
Seriously now though, I doubt he will do it, but even then, big channels are already going against this issue, but knowing the big monopoly that youtube is they probably won’t care until they lose a big money maker.

2 Likes

Jinx has actually stopped doing reaction videos

Here is his video explaining the decision:

1 Like

I know, still annoying as crap, and other reactors are still “working”. I believe gradeA would make a video on Tyrone Magnus.

I love just sitting back and watching YouTube drama and the stupid decisions people make. All I do is laugh

3 Likes

So recently reactors are getting (again) absolutely destroyed by other youtubers. From this issue other discussion has spawned about what is true creative content, since most of these reactor/pranks/minecraft animations have stolen most original concepts and turned them into money makers with their “creativeness” and “originality”

Prime example of the week being Tyrone Magnus. The past few days have been harsh on him for again like all reactors stealing content, making money of it and then lying about it numerous times. While some belive him and his followers still support him channels like IHE and GradeAunderA have proven him guilty of making off money of other people’s videos even after claiming otherwise.

So what do you guys think fo all this drama? Do you support reactors? Do you hate reactors? Or do you simply enjoy looking at all this youtube drama?

1 Like

The only reaction channel I really watch is the fine bros (even after this recent controversy) and sometimes chadtronic

It feels like this year on YouTube is going to be “the fall of the reactors”, while last year was “the emergence of the reactors”

I am still annoyed that prank channels are getting away with what they are doing.

1 Like

chadtronic is the only reaction channel I watch.

I enjoy the drama way more then I should.

1 Like

[quote=“BlueCel, post:93, topic:18022”]
So what do you guys think fo all this drama?
[/quote] I think it’s just stupid. YouTube is completely flawed and it’s because of this that these leeches can survive.

Do you support reactors?
[/quote] I love Leafy and Pyro, because of how they do their reaction videos. They don’t show the full thing, the main focus is on them, and honestly, they’re both hilarious.

Do you hate reactors?
[/quote] Jinx and his kind are terrible. People who focus more on their reactions than the video they’re reacting to are fine.

Or do you simply enjoy looking at all this youtube drama?
[/quote] If I wanted YouTube drama, I’d sub to Drama Alert. But I’m not. So no. I don’t. (The whole IHE vs Derek controversy was fun to watch though.)

Prank channels are the worst thing ever though. Like there’s a level of hatred for Jinx… and then there’s my hatred for SoFloAntonio. He is all the disease of youtube put into one channel. Steals “Prank” abuse videos and gains money off of them.

2 Likes

Agreed I love leafy and pyro! I din’t mind reactions that put hard work, edits and an actual fair use.

Now on the topic of prank channels…if I ever see one of them come near me, I’m kicking them…
Without mercy…numerous times.

They are harrasing people…wth?

1 Like

Nah you gotta break their camera and its sd card as well. That way they can’t gain money off of you.
The worst part about these channels is how they film people without their consent. And no one does anything about it. They ridicule people, make them angry and gain profit off of that anger. Their brain-dead subs laugh at the victim and if it goes viral, and you were the one who was “pranked”? You’re screwed.

1 Like

Worst pranks imo are the kissing girls ones…

shivers

2 Likes

…Wait… Those exist? Lemme just go investigate…

#OH DEAR GOD OR A LACK THEREOF WHAT!?
Like I can understand being desperate to stop being a KV, I was insecure when I was 12 too, but this is too far. That’s straight up sexual harassment!

2 Likes

Eh

think there’s this one guy… Sam Pepper was it?

Think he did a kidnapping prank thing where he made the person he prank think he was killed while they were taken buy some other guy. Or so I heard IDK, but that was like a long time ago

2 Likes

Yeah he also did the butt pinching “prank”, which didn’t go over so well as he got accused of harassing other girls. I am still amazed that he is on YouTube even after all the horrible pranks he has done

2 Likes

To be fair gradeA already proved most of these are faked and acted, so…either way they are trash. YouTube is suffering from copyright drama, reactor drama, prank drama.

3 Likes

Grab some g-fuel and a Keemstar, because 2016 is gonna get dramatic.

Speaking of which, did anyone see the joint video between Nostalgia Critic, IHE and YMS? If not, check it out, because it’s a seriously good recap of all YouTube’s bs

4 Likes