YouTube Discussion Topic

Now someone needs to make Leaf-Jay. /s

Bootleg powers go!

8 Likes

Yes much amazing

1 Like

So YouTube looks different now.

I’m not sold on it, a bit too App like for my tastes…

Wait, is this just the mobile version? it has not changed for me.

Nah, it’s desktop.

Although it only sometimes changes for me…

I noticed that if you hold your mouse over a video, you get a little sneak peek.

1 Like

I’m just going to leave this here

It’s YouTube’s new way to make videos “advertiser friendly”

1 Like

So YouTube us taking away freedom of speech.

Also I don’t what what it means y advertiser friendly. Is it so people can sponsor the video or something.

YouTube isn’t taking anything away from you, because you never had freedom speech in the first place. YouTube is a platform owned by a private company, and by agreeing to use the platform, you are agree to abide by their terms of service.

Yes but the terms if service are stupid.

Well then don’t use their service…

Pretty sure this is YouTube’s way to get more people to watch YouTube Red and take away money from the content creators who get money from the ads. Seems like a business decision to get more people to make YouTube Red shows and make YouTube get more money.

So basically YouTube is ditching it’s big content creators for YouTube Red to get more money into it. Maybe they think this is a better business decision, but it’s mostly them shooting themselves in the foot.

If these content makers can’t have money, they’ll probably do things like TTV did and switch to Vessel.

5 Likes

If it does go poorly, a platform like Vessel could blow up, or creators may move too streaming services even more than what is currently happened.

The problem with that might then become people reestablishing audiences. No matter how big you are on YouTube, convincing people to move platforms for you can be difficult…

1 Like

No doubt. There will probably be a huge outcry from a ton of people (and I mean a ton. This change will get rid of almost every huge YouTuber). I don’t see this change lasting very long.

2 Likes

I did just see this on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/GamesAttorney/status/771253368769490944

So perhaps everything will be okay.

But then I’m also watching this video.

(You only really need to watch the first 3 1/2 minutes.

So maybe it won’t…

1 Like

Well, I read that, and got “if your video falls iinto the following categories, or the catch-all at the bottom, you will get no ad revenue.”

Then I saw an ad for how to grow your channel at the bottom.

1 Like

Soo… I wonder how many people are gonna do this.

3 Likes

Never forget the best YouTube channel.

2 Likes

I know Youtube has done a lot of bad things, but I feel like people are forgetting how important it is.

without Youtube, we wouldn’t find the Content Creators we know and love.

on the controversial side of Youtube, I do agree that we REALLY need to fix the problems with Youtube right now, but I feel that people have taken this problem… to far to say at least, and I don’t think Making a video called “Youtube is ze joke” for the 100th time isn’t going to help. (probably though)

but anyways back to my original topic, I kind of just want to watch my videos without the controversy that Youtube is having right now.

I know I might start some more controversy but hey! that’s what you get when you talk about Youtube these days.