Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Yin and Yang

“As to you.” Jeff replied as he makes his way over towards where they get off.

The ship pulls into the dock and the students are taken to the Academy’s auditorium, where there are some rather built guys wearing suits, sunglasses and earwig radios. “What’s going on?” Blaze asks as he goes to his seat.

Jeff shrugs. “Your guess is as good as mine.”
Out of the corner of his eye, he sees an Obelisk girl wearing a duel disk that he thought was one of a kind. He should know; he made it. He tried ignoring it, figuring it to be his mind playing tricks on him, but in the back of his mind it still nagged him.

(@anon68675807, @Firestorm) Once everyone is in their seats, a piercing feedback is heard from the speakers. Crowler was on stage, “Now that I have your attention, I’d like to introduce a special guest without whom, this prestigious academy wouldn’t exist.” Blaze couldn’t help himself, Yourself? He thinks. “Please give a warm Duel Academy Welcome to the one, the only, Mister Seto Kaiba!” Kaiba walks out onto the stage. “Mister Kaiba, you grace us with your presence.” Crowler says, “People like you sicken me, it’s because of you that this Academy has been the laughing stock of the world, if I didn’t find your antics amusing, I’d fire you right now.” Kaiba says to Crowler. Crowler looks paler than a ghost and Bonaparte has a few Academy staff wheel the catatonic doctor off the stage.

Kaiba addresses the assembled students, “Welcome to my Duel Academy. You are here because you have proven yourselves to be the next generation of elite duelists however, I have not come here to tell you why this is the case as I would just be wasting time so let’s just cut to the chase: You are here to learn the art of Dueling and how to make yourselves the most fearsome Duelists the world has ever known. And in order to do that, you need one of the best teachers in Duel Monsters history, I am pleased to introduce your new headmaster, Dante Hikari.”

An old man with a long white beard, monk-like robes and a walking staff enters the stage. “Thank you, Seto.” The old man says. Kaiba nods and leaves with his security team. Dante then looks at the students, “I am honored to be in the presence of so many talented young Duelists. My hope for you and this Academy is that when this year is over, all of us shall have grown in mind, body and spirit. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to come to my office and I shall do what I can to help.” He takes a breath, “Now that the pleasantries have been established, will all first year students please make their way to the doors to your left and find your uniforms and dorm assignments. And to all returning students, I welcome you back to Duel Academy with open arms.” The crowd cheers and gives a standing ovation while the school staff begin to direct the students to their dorms.

Blaze’s jaw was pretty much on the floor from the fact that Seto Kaiba himself had visited the school.

“Well.” Jeff said. “That just happened.”

Blaze, finally back on earth, nods, “Well, we had better help the first years find their way around the campus to their dorms; see you later?” He asks as he gets up.

“See ya.” He says as he walks towards Ra Yellow Dorms.

Blaze gives him a smile before heading to the Slifer Red Dorm. “It isn’t much but it’s home.” He says to himself as he opens the door to his room and puts his things away.

The students all had their traditional beginning of year feasts, leaving everyone with full bellies for the night. Tomorrow held new possibilities but also many potentially mind-numbing lectures.

Nick goes to the Obelisk Blue dorms.

It was the next day and students were given their schedules for classes.

A few Obelisk Blues were being rather high and mighty about their rank at school.

Jeff overheard them.

“Yeah, maybe we should make a petition to have all Slifers get expelled, or just do it ourselves!” Two Blues laugh about this, “Why not the Ra’s? They’re so mediocre that they have to wear the blandest color in the rainbow!” The group laughs harder.

Blaze feels a sudden urge to be angry at the Obelisk Blues.

“But didn’t a Slifer beat an Obelisk before?” Jeff asked. “Jaden Yuki was his name?”

“Ooo! the quiet one spoke, I’m so scared.” The lead one says. The others begin to circle him. “Why don’t you play with your little rusted toys and leave the professional duelists alone?” The group laughs.

“Is that how you got into Obelisk?” He retorted. “I just thought you annoyed mommy so much she sent you to boarding school, and the Obelisk thing was a happy side effect of that.”

One grabs him by his collar, “You do not insult my family. Do it again, and I will have you leaving the island in a shipping crate!”

“Now, now, children.” Says an aged voice. The Obelisks look like they are all passing kidney stones. “Crap, the headmaster.” One says. They book it, dropping Jeff. “Are you okay, Mr. Mau?” Dante asks.

“Yes sir.” He says, dusting himself off. “I didn’t think they had such short tempers.”

“They feel that they were meant to rule the world and being born with a silver spoon seems to be well symbolized by their uniform color.” He chuckles, the joke would most likely go over Jeff’s head but the sense it was a jab at their entitlement was there.

Despite not quite getting it, he still laughed. “Well, thank you. I’d better get to class.”

“Indeed you do.” Dante says. The man leaves with a gentle smile and Jeff arrives at Duel Alchemy class just in time.