Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I’m gonna b honest, I’d rather not discuss Timelines, because they’re irrelevant to the quality of the game.

So instead, let’s discuss how friggin awesome this game looks. Especially since it seems there’s been no discussion on the semi-recent story trailer.

1 Like

Lore sets up background stories and can overall strengthen a game’s own story. Either way within the last few days the game was confirmed to be Downfall Timeline. I think that’s a very nice setting since it brings with it a specific aesthetic style.

Also… I know things. Lots of things. More than I wish I did. I also know what Ganon looks like. It’s the most terrifying thing I’ve seen in a Zelda game besides freaking Dead Hand.

Wait, so Calamity Ganon is absolutely terrifying?

Awesome.

He’s like some kind of eldritch monster, all with the same cunning intelligence Ganon is known for. Imagine if a hurricane could actively think and make choices bases on pure hatred. His physical form is just outright horrifying.

2 Likes

Maybe Calamity Ganon is Demise…but Ganondorf separated from him and is living without it in him now (looks at the old man from the intro scenes and questions).

Also this looks like Zelda and Ganondorf fighting Calamity Ganon.

You’re actually pretty far off. Hyrule Historia makes it clear that Ganondorf is Demise reincarnated. It’s the same soul, so wherever Ganondorf is, that’s where Demise is. They’re one in the same. Just like how Zelda is always the reincarnation of Hylia, and Link is always the reincarnation of the first Hero. All three are bound to a cycle. If anything, Ganon has been regaining the power he used to have as Demise over the millenia.

Also, I know who the old man is, but that’s spoiler territory.

1 Like

Then can you explain to me why a Ganondorf figure can be seen on the image fighting with Zelda against the giant cloud thing we know to be Calamity Ganon.

Im generally confused as much as you would be…since I and you dont know any spoilers.

The “Ganondorf” you see on the tapestry isn’t Ganondorf, it’s a Link. That tapestry depicts the last battle in most recent history in the game’s lore between Ganon, Link, and Zelda. In BotW, it’s old enough to be considered the stuff of myth and legend.

But why does he have Red hair, and dark skin? I get he is holding the Master Sword, but he looks too different from Zelda for me to think its Link.

We don’t get an explanation for why Link is depicted like that. We’re just told that it’s the last Link and Zelda to seal Ganon. I can give you proof that Ganondorf is still Ganon though, but that depends if you want to see it or not.

2 Likes

Oh my, well thank you. That helped a bit clearing some stuff up :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 days, it feels unreal, the next chapter of not only Zelda, but Nintendo begins in 2 more days.

2 Likes

I’m guessing this comes after Ocarina of Time in the timeline then?

1 Like

i can’t wait to play this

Waaaay after OoT, in the downfall timeline (most likely at the end given that all they have left are myths and legends), 10,000 years have passed since Ganon was sealed by the previous Link and Zelda. BoTW’s Kingdom of Hyrule, seeing that Ganon was stirring again, relied on a 10,000 year old tapestry to tell them how to defeat him. What they didn’t know was that Ganon was cunning. He took the machines that had imprisoned him, the ones they were about to use again, and corrupted them. Taking full control. What happens next? Well, that’s a story for another day.

1 Like

So you’re saying this is a far-off sequel to The Legend of Zelda II?

1 Like

Yep! Really makes me excited, because downfall is my favorite timeline.

I guessed so, seeing the visual connections with the landscapes of old games and this one.

I already mentioned this elsewhere, but it kills me that this comes out on my birthday and i probably won’t be able to get it.

by the way, when my dad learned about my pre-order of the switch, and how much it costed, he was pritty angry with me and scolded me for buying it, even saying that he wanted the pre-order canceld immediately. I did not canceld the pre-order

yes.

1 Like