Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Are you paying with your own cash?

1 Like

I can never understand the pre-release ratings…they feel rather bloated.

Nintendo sends their games out early (usually a few weeks-a month before launch) so reviewers can give a proper review. The embargo ended today. Out of 62 reviews so far it has a 98 Metascore, putting it in spot 2 of best games of all time. If you want to know why that’s so significant, OoT is officially the best game of all time, and that’s because it was revolutionary and brought action adventure games into a 3D environment. It has a rating of 99, but that’s with 22 reviews. BotW has managed to maintain a 98 Metascore with a whopping 62 reviews. That’s downright amazing.

Breath of the Wild is literally the new Ocarina of Time in terms of giving that magical groundbreaking Nintendo experience we used to get from the NES to the Gamecube.

1 Like

Gosh this makes me want to get my hands on a Switch and this game.

3 Likes

Over the last few weeks I’ve been vigorously saving my money up for the Switch.

Also, to celebrate the release of the Switch and BotW, I modded Umarak the Destroyer up a bit. Now he’s Ganonrack- Dark Beast of Destruction:

http://i.imgur.com/4hm9c13h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qGG8wmth.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/t8LyO6wh.jpg

Thanks to modding, he can even switch to a Twilight Princess style Ganon.

http://i.imgur.com/IKKRl8rh.jpg

Edit: So, I got BotW for the Switch today!

My first impressions: The case looks fantastic. Such a wonderful case. Never seen a greater case. This case is just the greatest. The art is so arty. The artistical artistry of the arty art is an amazing work of art. Cartridge tastes awful though. Worst game I’ve ever tried to consume.

…So you’re probably wondering why my first impressions start and end at the physial, materialistic aspect of the game. The truth is… I have the game, and the art is indeed beautiful, but every store in a 200 mile radius is completely out of Switch Consoles. I know because I obsessively drove to several stores in several cities. So right now, all I have is this beautiful boxart, taunting me with an amazing epic adventure that I can’t even partake in.

5 Likes

Welp, limited edition out of stock everywhere.

End my life fam.

2 Likes

U wot m8?!

It’s to make sure little kids don’t stick the cartridges in their mouths. It’s honestly a good move on Nintendo’s part,

2 Likes

So apparently I’m one of the few people who got a Switch. I haven’t gotten very far in it yet, but I can already say that BotW is a spectacular game. It’s simultaneously very Zelda and totally different from what we’ve seen before. The graphics are fantastic, and I’ve only rarely run into lag (purely on the tv version)

If you are in a position to get this game, do it. It’s a breath of fresh air to the Zelda franchise, and does some pretty awesome stuff. This is the first game in a while where I will physically exclaim when something exciting or unexpected happens.

oh and also it’s like really easy to die so there’s that

2 Likes

So…they put a bad tasting substance on the cartridges so kids will spit them out?

First PBG, now Slime.

This pun won’t leave me alone.

4 Likes

Ouch. Reminds me of getting Pokemon Moon. I got the game a few days before I got the 3DS, so it sat on the table, taunting me. Then I didn’t have a charger, at which point the game went back to taunting me until that arrived.

I seem to be talking about Pokemon a lot for some reason, giving that this is a Zelda topic, but that reminds me of Sun and Moon. Now I’m even more hyped to get my hands on this.

3 Likes

to sum up my earlier point

5 Likes

If that’s what it is then I need this game right now.

1 Like

Just as an FYI, Target is having a Buy 2 get 1 Free video game sale this week. It discludes Switch titles. It does not disclude the Wii U version or the new BotW amiibos.

If you’re wanting to save a bit of money on stuff, this would be the way to do it.

(credit to @Crunchy for informing me of it)

1 Like

Hey slime, speaking of amiibo, which ones do you have?
I have an experiment I’d like to run out of curiosity, I’m wondering if the smash amiibo do anything, I haven’t heard anything about it so I’m wondering.

1 Like

literally none

hopefully that changes today

(Edit) This might help you:

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-wii-u

Try to get OoT link if you can, gets you some nice stuff in game, and the figures pretty nice too.

2 Likes

Welp, after one week of playing nigh obsessvely, I finally beat Ganon. I won’t give any spoilers as to how the fight went down, but I think I can share the outcome.

After the credits roll, you’re brought back to your last save point. There is no postgame after Ganon. This being the case in every other LoZ game, I shouldn’t be so surprised. However, the extreme openness of the world really makes me wish that there was a game after Ganon. It would be cool to see how all the NPCs react, and how Hyrule is rebuilt.

I guess that’s not the case though.

2 Likes

Perhaps that dlc story will pull a broken steel and continue on after the kill screen?

3 Likes