Zhokker Workshop

Hello everyone, I’m making a 3D printable correct model hands from Bionicle: The Journey to One.
I have a lot of test prints that I can show you now.
There you can see a finite variant.

There you can check a gif instruction like animation for these parts
https://gifyu.com/image/Io1S

I’m planning to make 2 types of these, which has different second falanges.
Umarak/Toa falanges and hand with extra detail-weapon holder.

Below You can see the photos.

As soon as all model will be finished, I’ll post it on my shapeways store.

39 Likes

So, how well do the prototypes you printed hold poses in the long term? (How much playing around can they take before they get too loose to hold any poses?)

1 Like

I’m using resin printer, it affects on type of material what you’re using. Because of this, a lot of time has been spent to make a finished product. The hands are pretty poseable and tough. It’s desirable that they are printed by FDM or SLS printers.

3 Likes

And with the Shapeways version, how well do you think these models will, for lack of a better word, survive a lot of use/play?

1 Like

I printed more than 7 prototypes to match the size and eliminate the disadvantages.
I’m sure I can guarantee better mobility for these fingers.

2 Likes

So, if the customer is careful, these hands should last a good while?

2 Likes

If you are going to order from shapeways, I can say that the quality of the material they use is the best. Also, nylon can withstand similar loads. In order to avoid breakdowns, you probably need to be more careful.

3 Likes

Noted. I can’t wait to see the final model.

2 Likes

Is that just a regular axle hole on the palm of the weapon hand?

2 Likes

How well do they grip to an axle?

2 Likes

This is axle hole right in the middle of the palm, it connects with specialized holder detail, what makes easier to hold the weapon at this hands.

6 Likes

I measured the Axle and the hole under it, so I think it’s all good.

2 Likes

That part would be very useful too lol

2 Likes

Thanks. I was trying to make that detail very interesting for MOC’s, and at the same time it performed important functions. I also made this part with rod because I want the weapon to be able to rotate in the hand.

3 Likes

So, I made this hands, it feels good, they are very useful and also have enough functions. In the picture down you can see photos what I did too.
It’s strong enough and not loose.
After printing them, I painted it and tested by different ways. They seen perfect. I used alternative version hands with axle hole and adapter detail.

5 Likes

Here is the link for shop, please contact me if you have questions. In the each box there is always 2 hands, don’t worry.
That was a difficult work, I’ll hope you enjoy it.

6 Likes

So, the final model is ready for purchase?

I think I’ll keep an eye on this thread for a bit to see what others think but I am most definitely considering making a purchase of these.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s it. One fan ordered these now.

2 Likes

Uh…how does one get the hands out of the fancy box? I just looked at the render and I didn’t see any sort of hinge or lid.

2 Likes

You need to use pliers, but you can use scissors as a last resort

2 Likes