Makuta Lykurax: Insane, calculated and Deadly

(Update: 11/10 New Shadow Hand! Chest parts open for better effect!) I updated him to give him better arms and legs and changed the neck area as well. Also changed the color around for more cohesion and a version 2 mask, with a more ancient and Anubis like appearance, which is just one piece that attaches we’re the other visor attached before, Really easy change out!) Lykurax is considered to be too destructive and insane even for the Brotherhood. Called on only in the most extreme situations, when only a being who is completely insane would even consider undertaking the task. The rest of his time is spent experimenting on those not so fortunate, using the most unconventional methods known to science. Some time later Teridax decided to have him sent to watch over a region so far off the grid only a few beings know of it, to keep him as far away from his brothers as possible, until he is needed. The poor inhabitants of his region would soon disappear and never be heard from again…(set information: he stands 10" tall when on two legs and 7" tall on all fours, completely posable with no hindrance what so ever, as well as hip articulation! Two hook blades that can be stored on his back.) let me know your thoughts! Shadow Hand:

Version 2 mask:

Mask version 1 photos beyond this point:

Old version beyond this point:

He also can double as a Chirox, it looks like a good body match for him in my opinion.

21 Likes

That head design is really cool- i don’t think I’ve ever seen a faceless Makuta.

5 Likes

ooo creepy and cool!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I had not either, I thought it might look interesting! Also thank you ToaGali416!

3 Likes

He seems like a pretty simple design, but there’s nothing wrong with that. The head/back area is definitely the highlight here, and I really like the brutal look those weapons have. The wing things on the arms are interesting; are they supposed to be actual wings, talon thingys that are coming out of his hands, or are they armor/equipment he’s wearing.

3 Likes

My apologies I thought the title read: Makuta larynx
And for some odd reason I found that extremely comical.

Other than that the moc is quite nice, really reminds me of a particular mocist’s style I knew on the lego.com general gallery.

Rest in inactivity: Toamataeathan.

4 Likes

I love that quadrupedal mode. I’m sure that alone is quite the intimidation factor. You’re a Toa or darkhunter and suddenly this Makuta gets on all fours and charges you like a wild rahi, maybe howling like one too if he’s that into battle. That’s a mighty spooky Makuta you’ve built there, good job

4 Likes

it fits into the brother hood so well. very well done
edit: just noticed the mask very cool

3 Likes

What I found interesting is he uses 302 parts, but doesn’t look complex at all, I blame the arms and thighs lol, I was going to do much more interesting limbs but after the torso I ran out of pins and axles sadly. Thank you! The wings are his wings similar to Chirox and Vamprah but his are also bladed like Vamprah’s wings. Thank you everyone!

3 Likes

Wow everything on this moc just screams “creepy”. From the featureless face to the jagged armor to the insane amount of spikes, this guy looks like one you do not want to mess with. Overall though the moc is pretty good, so great job on that. Lore is nice too.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I actually just spent some time refining him, now I think he looks better, what do you think of this final version?

8 Likes

Looks cooler!

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank you! I’m so glad to hear it! I also just uploaded photos of my version 2 mask for him, to give him a second option for a more ancient and Anubis like appearance!

2 Likes

super cool head design! love the overall look of the build

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

2 Likes

Not only did he get a new head design, he also got a new adjective

2 Likes

Hahaha that he did! 11/10 I made him a Shadow Hand! The chest parts open for better effect!

1 Like

I like the smooth head design. Makes it look like a alien.

3 Likes

It does look more like a Xenomorph/alien now that you mention it.

4 Likes

I love everything about this build. So clean, so spiky. Especially love the head.

4 Likes