2015 Bionicle story?

A new torso piece would require a gear based system; the Bohrok head snapping out used gears, remember?

1 Like

I have my money that it’s going to be a reboot. From my understanding, when LEGO brings back a past theme it tends to not follow the storyline of the original theme.

1 Like

Yeah, when Robo Riders continued… oh wait. Slizers… huh. Wait, has Lego ever brought back a line?

Space Police is a great example of this. There’s more themes that have been brought back before, but their names escape me.

A good point, although that was every year, and wasn’t canceled until the final year that it ended. but that alone brings up another point. Every theme of Lego’s except Bionicle, has had a story that changed drastically every year, with very little to tie the two together. Lego has never had a theme like Bionicle, so it’s completely unknown what they’ll do

personally I had an idea where it is the same time line starting when the 2001 one did except on bota magna instead of aqua magna I think it would follow up into the future of sphereus magna’s story with the agori and matoran joining and will add conflicts for the story of bionicle

@Number_13962
Yes and no – no because we had movement functions without gears, however terrible, with Brain Attack, and the CCBS system would allow for an extendable neck to be based on a limb piece. But yes because, with Evo XL’s custom torso which included a gear function in its waist, it’s at least a possibility.

You sort of make me want to build a CCBS Bohrok now…

@Collector
Adventurers/Orient Expedition, Alpha Team, and Ninjago are the main ones that returned with a given story. Space Police III is more related to the concept of “police in space”, and it had little to no story to go with it, so I wouldn’t give that the same level of “a brought back theme” as the ones above. Pirates ‘09 and Knights’ Kingdom II are other examples of themes that are more based on a re-imagination of a certain trope than a reboot of a particular storyline.

Edit; Double post, fixed by Scarilian

1 Like

I think if it is a reboot,the lord of skull spider is just like lord garmadon in ninjago,not the biggest boss,and the toa need to collect those golden kanohi mask which have all mask power

Except that Garmadon was originally the final big bad of Ninjago, it was only in later years that he was overshadowed by the Overlord.

I presume you mean to compare him to how Samukai always was, his Lieutenant?

This is gonna be long. Well, not a reboot or a continuation, “flashback”. What makes me think that is becuse of the toas are mata and no golden armor = not a continuation. And Lord of skull spiders sounds no Mata Nui to me. So I thought, the mask is mask of creation, artahkas mask, as he built the matas, and this is their training.

So first of all, djungle replacing air, that’s lego being stupid. That out of the way, This is either set in artahka or karda nui (before it was destroyed(not talking about the energry storm)). The skull spiders are invading. Now what are they? Mutated Kraata? Undead? Original kraata? Kraatas hiding in shells? Or something new? I donno. But I think teridax or The shadow one is responsible. They might be out for the kraata/avohkii, or the golden skull spider…

The mask we see in the display might the original form of the vahi or the mask of creation, same thing for the picture found on legos site, but that might be a complete redesign of the display one. I don’t know why toas are looking for golden maskes, and would need them for, but there might be kaitas.

What are the defenders/protectors? Well built by or for the toa, most likely as a small army or squadron to protect/help them, or guardians of artahka. This might mean theres “metrus” in artahka! Well, seems like good guys. What they are really, I donno.

Now we have seen structures in the background of Lewa, Tahu and the fire protector. The ones in lewas I don’t know what they are really, and actully I didn’t really see any in Tahu myself… The big “hive” might be the nest for the protectors, or home of the builders/Av-Matoran.

So overall, thats what it points at for me. I got nothing more to say, so… bye!

@fangface1

Gavla ain’t evil, she was made into a shadow matoran, but has been cured, vultraz could return and do a better evil toa.

Edit; Double post, fixed by Scarilian

Gavla actually enjoyed being a Shadow Matoran, and was sad when she was purified.

Not necessarily evil, but has the potential.

3 Likes

Intresting did noy know that… Hmm… That is a change to my Toa Karda team of light…

1 Like