2021 revamps: Takanuva, light of hope

Hello everyone, and welcome to a new series I’m starting, which is showing of revamps of my previously shared mocs. This first one is Takanuva, you can find his original topic here The Favorites, part two: Sir Takanuva, the banished, but we’re not her to talk about that version. Now, for those of you that don’t know or don’t remember and are too lazy to click the link, here is my original Takanuva moc:

and now, here’s the new and improved version!

As you can see, this one is quite a bit smaller, but I actually like it a lot better. Not gonna lie, after all this time of having that on together, it was a little painful to take apart. But I think the finished product was well worth it. This version is a whole lot less gappy and also has minimal waist articulation. If there’s anything you can think of to improve it further, let me know and I’ll take it into consideration. As always, comments and criticisms appreciated, and happy building.

Now, here’s a sneak peek into what’s coming next week:

17 Likes

I agree, I like the slimmer, sleeker look a lot more. I love how you use the inika shins upside-down; I don’t think I’ve ever seen it before and it makes a nice armored look around the ankles.

3 Likes

Yeah, I really like it as well. Of course, the only problem is it makes it difficult to pose sometimes

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d imagine. You don’t have the same lateral movement or rotation in the ankles, just bending them up or down and a little wiggle room I’d imagine.

1 Like

Huge improvement from the last one, in my opinion. It seems much better put together than the last one, especially in terms of the torso. The lower arms seem a bit awkward - I think it would only take a couple pieces switched out to get rid of that weird angle of the forearm. I also get the greave vibe you were going for with the shins, but the sacrifice of mobility and aesthetic on the heel sets it off. I think you could accomplish the same effect with a slightly more complex design. Overall a definite improvement!

1 Like

Grow my child! grow! well on your way to getting the mad Moc making skills you are!
Very nice upgrade, as mentioned the shin design is creative, also like the stud shooter wrists.

2 Likes

This version is much more proportionate than the first. Nice work! The torso is well done–I like the use of his Stars armor in the abdominal region. The thighs look slightly too… feminine, I guess? That’s probably because I’ve seen a number of female MOCs use the Inika armor on the outside, but either way it’s a bit strange for his hips to bulk out when the rest of the MOC narrows until the ankles.

2 Likes

@MooCowsRock, I did, and still do, want to add something above the inika armor on his hips, or possibly replace them entirely, but I have no ideas about what to do.

@Winger, what were you thinking for the forearms? And do you have any ideas for the ankles?I’m open to suggestions. I guess you could almost call this a revamp in progress, so any ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

1 Like

Neat revamp!:+1:
The new shin design is quite innovative;- I shall have to experiment with it sometime in the future!:+1:

1 Like

Instead of a hand connector at the elbow, put a standalone balljoint. Then make the forearm a double socket, either with CCBS or some simple armoring.

Flip the Inika shins and use a normal foot. Then use something along the lines of this to maintain the greave aesthetic. I’m sure there are plenty of other ways to achieve the same goal, that was just the first piece that came to mind. You might also want to consider moving the friction extenders from the hips to the ankle, if you go with my design. Just some thoughts.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=92222&name=Hero%20Factory%20■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=S&C=11&O={“color”:11,“iconly”:0}

2 Likes